Request Testing Services
Request Testing Services
Alternative Testing Services
The Resnick Academic Achievement Center provides an alternative testing service for students who may need a distraction-free environment, extended time (up to double time), use of adaptive equipment, a private room, use of a computer to read exams, scribes, oral exams or enlarged printing.
All students must be approved for alternative testing services.
Students with disabilities seeking alternative testing services must contact the Access and Equity Coordinator and have their access plan in place. Approval would be granted through the Coordinator of Access and Equity in the Resnick Academic Achievement Center. For additional information, please contact the Office of Access and Equity Services, Bush Hall 221. Call 607-746-4593 or email email@example.com.
For students with disabilities approved for alternative testing services, more details are available at Policies and Guidelines for Students Receiving Support Services.
English Language Learners (ELL) students seeking alternative testing services must contact the ELL Coordinator and have their access plan in place. Approval would be granted through the Coordinator of English Language Learners in the Resnick Academic Achievement Center.
Accommodated Testing Procedures
Faculty and staff should adhere to the following procedures when using the Resnick Academic Achievement Center for accommodated testing services:
- All students must sign up for each test in the Resnick Academic Achievement Centerat least 72 hours (3 working days) prior to the test date. This allows Resnick Academic Achievement Centerstaff time to schedule test rooms and know exactly who will be coming for testing services.
- When the student signs up for a test you will receive a confirmation email stating the information submitted in the request. At the bottom of this email will be a link to the Instructions for Accommodated Testing form to be completed by the instructor. Note: It should not be assumed that students will take all tests in the Resnick Academic Achievement Center. They have the option of taking a particular test in the classroom.
- Instructors should deliver tests with the attached Instructions for Accommodated Testing form to the Access and Equity Office at least 48 hours prior to the test date. Tests delivered in an accessible format will be accepted 24 hours prior to the test date. Care should be taken not to include any hand-written notations/ images or information which cannot be scanned electronically and read by a screen reader.
- Faculty are strongly encouraged to send accessible tests, including instructions for testing, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty may pick up completed tests in the Testing Center, have them returned via inter-campus mail, or returned electronically (email) as specified on the Instructions for Accommodated Testing Request form.
Thank you for your cooperation. Following these procedures will make it easier to
meet the accommodated testing needs of our students.