To prepare professional nurses who integrate health care expertise with civic responsibility in a dynamic and complex health care arena and enable graduates to be employed and contribute within their community through service, leadership, and education.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Synthesize knowledge from the liberal arts and sciences as a cornerstone for professional nursing practice.
- Use theory, research findings, and evidence to support nursing practice related to disease prevention, health promotion, illness, and restoration of health.
- Communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to provide client-centered care.
- Implement interventions to meet the healthcare, education, and counseling needs of diverse client groups.
- Assume diverse leadership roles across the continuum of care to responsibly manage human, fiscal, and material resources.
- Integrate values, ethics, morals, and legal aspects of the professional nursing into a variety of practice settings.
- Apply knowledge and skills of health literacy, information management, and technology in the delivery of quality patient care.
School of Nursing
fax: (607) 746-4357