Do you dream of becoming a Golf Professional? We’ll provide you with fabulous facilities and teachers to assist in reaching your goal. Our 18 hole golf course, driving range, practice green and indoor facility are just the elements you need to jump start your career. You’ll also learn the business end of golf, how to conduct swing analysis, organize tournaments, and repair clubs and carts. Courses in merchandising, business planning, and inventory management prepare you for the many careers within the golf industry - an industry bigger than Hollywood!
The Business and Professional Golf Management (PGM) program at SUNY Delhi provides graduates with the training necessary to compete for the many exciting employment opportunities within the golf industry. Successful students earn a B.B.A. in Business & Professional Golf Management, and the employment rate for SUNY Delhi graduates who continue in the golf business is 100%. The curriculum offers golf specific courses like;
- The Rules of Golf
- Tournament Operations
- Introduction to Teaching
- Swing Analysis
- Golf Club Repair and Design
- Golf Car Fleet Management
Business related courses such as Merchandising and Inventory Management, Business Planning and Operations, and Human Resource Management for Golf Professionals are also part of the PGM curriculum.
Beautifully maintained 18 hole golf course – owned and operated by the Delhi College Foundation, the entire facility serves as an academic laboratory for staff and students of the PGM program as well as all our golf, turf and landscape related programs; it is also a community resource open to the public.
- 34,000 square foot Indoor Practice Facility – used during the off-season to help students maintain playing ability and to practice their golf instructional skills; ball flight can be observed up to 75 yards; video clips of student’s golf swing obtained using V1 golf swing analysis software and in depth putting analysis using the TOMI (The Optimal Motion Instructor) training software.
- 20 station driving range –ideal for students to work on their game, instructional skills or to just warm up before a round
- 6,000 square foot practice green – a long, undulating green that allows students to practice all types of putts
- practice bunker and chipping area - great short game practice area including a bunker, fringe, fairway and rough areas from which to practice and teach
- model pro shop managed by qualified PGA Professional –serves as an educational resource for PGM students and is used extensively for that purpose
- Golf club repair lab-students have the opportunity to learn the intricacies of club design and repair at the on campus facility
- Swing lab (Fall 2010)-indoor area where students may use all the instructional and clubfitting technologies: V1 Video Swing Analysis, Pure Launch Tracker Launch Monitor, and TOMI putting analyzer. Students may also hit balls and practice there putting during inclement weather
Minimum requirements to be considered for admission HS Average: 80
Algebra Regents: 75
Biology Regents: 75
Science Regents: 75
Freshmen Handicap: 12
Letter of Rec.
Transfer GPA: 2.5
Transfer Handicap: 8
SUNY Curriculum Code: 1509
College Golf Course
Men's Golf Team