ANTH 100 CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY
This course is an introduction to the subject of human cultural diversity as well as similarity. Topics discussed include: evolutionary change; socio-political levels of organizations; kinship system analysis; marriage systems; political, economic, and religious behavioral systems; language; and personality research. (SS)
(3: 3, 0)
ANTH 110 HUMAN ORIGINS
This course examines the human as a biological organism as we adapt to various social and ecological environments. Primary topics covered include population genetics, primatology, human evolution, and human variability. (SS)
(3: 3, 0)
ANTH 290 INDEPENDENT STUDY IN ANTHROPOLOGY
This independent study course is designed to permit individual students to pursue topics or projects approved by supervising faculty.
1. Completion of at least one semester's work in a degree program at SUNY Delhi.
2. A cumulative GPA of at least 2.00, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
3. At least 3 credit hours in one foundation course specific to the discipline, with the permission of the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
4. No more than 6 credit hours of independent study may be taken during any one semester, and no more than 15 credit hours of independent study may be applied toward an associate's degree. The total number of credit hours in independent study that may be applied toward a bachelor's degree depends on the specific bachelor's program.
5. The student and sponsoring faculty member will prepare and submit to the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences an Independent Study contract proposal for approval.
(1-4: 1-4, 0) or, if lab included, (2: 1, 3), (3: 2, 3), or (4: 3, 3) Offered on request
ANTH 300 SURVEY OF WORLD CULTURES
A survey of the major cultures of the world, this course emphasizes analysis and explanation of cultural differences, with the intent of facilitating a greater degree of ease in possible intercultural contact situations. (OWC)
Prerequisites: Two social science courses
(3: 3, 0)
Call us Toll-free:
Or write to us at:
2 Main St.
Delhi, NY 13753
Or contact us online: