Friday, December 21, 2012, 1:00 pm
Farrell Student and Community Center
SUNY Delhi Campus
12:15 pm, Servery, 1st Floor Farrell
12:30 pm, Exercise Studio, 1st Floor Farrell
Due to the popularity of December commencement, all tickets for seating in the Farrell Commons have been distributed to participants who reserved caps and gowns by December 7.
Guests without tickets are invited to view the commencement ceremony on the wide screen in The Okun Theatre in Farrell Center.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
- Visit the Records and Registration website to review graduation requirements.
- There is no rehearsal for commencement.
- Visit the Announcements page on the Campus Store website for information on purchasing caps and gowns. Each graduate is responsible for procuring an appropriate cap and gown to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Students who cannot pick up their caps and gowns in person may make mail order arrangements through the Campus Store.
- Students will be given four guest tickets and a name card with the purchase of a cap and gown. Caps and gowns may be preordered starting November 1, and must be picked up by Friday, December 7. Due to the popularity of commencement, extra tickets are not available.
- Students may visit the Campus Store after December 7 to find out if caps and gowns are still available.
- Students must bring their name card to the commencement line-up.
- Students should wear their tassel on the right prior to the ceremony.
- Participation in commencement is not presumptive as proof of graduation. The only such evidence is the diploma or an official college transcript.
- Diplomas will be mailed in February.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
- Each graduate will be photographed on stage and will receive a gift photo with their diploma. Additional photographs may be purchased a month following commencement by visiting Gerry Raymonda Photography. Guests are asked to refrain from leaving their seats during the ceremony to take photographs.
- Directions and Lodging Accommodations
- Guests are asked to follow the commencement signs. All parking lots are available.
- Campus Map
- The ceremony will last approximately one and one-half hours.
- A reception will be held on the first floor of Farrell following the ceremony.
- There is no reserved seating for guests. It is recommended that guests arrive early.
- Guests with tickets will be seated between 12:00 noon and 12:50 pm. Guests with tickets who arrive late are not guaranteed a seat in The Commons.
- Each student receives four guest tickets. Guests without tickets and guests arriving late may view the ceremony via web broadcast in The Okun Theatre.
- Children are required to have a ticket if they occupy a seat. Strollers and infant carriers may not block walkways.
- Seating will be reserved for graduates, faculty and staff participating in commencement.
- Guests requiring accessible seating must contact Joan Erickson by December 1.
- A limited number of accessible parking spaces will be available behind Farrell Center.