Information for May 2012 Commencement Guests
Time: 1 PM Saturday, May 19, 2012
Location: The Floyd L. Maines Arena (the gym), The Clark Field House
Directions & Lodging Accommodations
Please read the following information carefully. If you have a question or concern, you can reach the Commencement Committee by phone (607)746-4473 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Guests may park in designated student, faculty or staff parking lots. Guests requiring accommodated seating may be dropped off at the Clark Field House. Cars must be parked in any student, faculty or other designated lots.
- Parking lots will be reserved for commencement guests. Shuttle bus service will be provided before the ceremony from the parking lots to the Clark Field House. View the Campus Map >
- Ushers will begin seating guests at 12:00 Noon. Please have your tickets ready when you arrive. The doors to the ceremony will promptly close at 12:50 PM. No one will be admitted until the processional is ended.
- Please remain standing during the processional and through the playing of the National Anthem.
- Guests without tickets will not be admitted until after the processional and only if there are available seats.
- Once the ceremony is concluded, please remain standing at your seats until the end of the recessional. Moving toward the doors before this causes congestion and detracts from the dignity of the occasion. The ushers will remind you to remain where you are until the graduates have exited the gym.
- Please do no linger by the doors so that the people behind you can exit the building easily.
- The receptions will be held for each division in the Farrell Center.
- The Bronco bus will be available after the ceremony for accessible courtesy transport to Farrell Center.
- If you need any accommodations for the commencement ceremony, accessible seating is available. Please contact Ms. Linda Weinberg, Accessibility Coordinator at (607) 746-4593 by May 1. If you do not let us know what you need by May 1, we will not be able to accommodate you on the day of commencement.
Gifts and Keepsakes
- The campus store, located in the Farrell Center, will be open in case our guests want to purchase gifts, souvenirs, and even last-minute items such as batteries for your camera.
- There will be professional photographers to take photos as each graduate walks across the stage. Each graduate will receive a gift photo with their diploma mailing with an opportunity to purchase additional copies. Please visit Gerry Raymonda Photography to order your additional photos.
- Your attendance at the event constitutes an agreement to the College's use and distribution (now and in the future) of your image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, or audiotapes. Concerns about this policy should be directed to the Office of College Advancement at 607-746-4520.
- Guests are asked to refrain from leaving their seats during the ceremony to take photographs.
***We are very proud of our graduates' accomplishments. And we look forward to meeting our graduates' families and friends on this very special day! It is the goal of the Commencement Committee and the entire SUNY Delhi Community to make the commencement a smooth and memorable experience for our graduates. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.