Graduates may reserve caps and gowns at the Campus Store starting November 3. Graduates are advised to reserve caps and gowns early.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
- Visit the Registrar's Office website to review graduation requirements.
- There is no rehearsal for commencement.
- Visit the Announcements page on the Campus Store website for information on purchasing caps and gowns. Each graduate is responsible for procuring an appropriate cap and gown to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Students who cannot pick up their caps and gowns in person may make mail order arrangements through the Campus Store, 607-746-4760.
- Students will be given guest tickets and a name card with the purchase of a cap and gown. Caps and gowns may be pre-ordered starting Monday, November 3, and must be picked up by Friday, December 5. Students may request as many guest tickets as they need.
- Students may visit the Campus Store after December 5 to find out if caps and gowns are still available.
- Students must bring their name card to the commencement line-up.
- Students should wear their tassel on the right prior to the ceremony.
- Participation in commencement is not presumptive as proof of graduation. The only such evidence is the diploma or an official college transcript.
- Diplomas will be mailed in February.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
- Each graduate will be photographed on stage and will receive a gift photo with their diploma. Additional photographs may be purchased a month following commencement by visiting Gerry Raymonda Photography. Guests are asked to refrain from leaving their seats during the ceremony to take photographs.
- Directions and Lodging Accommodations
- Guests are asked to follow the commencement signs. Curbside drop-off is available at Clark Field House, but there is no guest parking. Shuttle bus service will be provided to Clark Field House from all other parking lots.
- Campus Map
- The ceremony will last approximately one and one-half hours.
- A reception will be held in Clark Field House immediately following the ceremony.
- There is no reserved seating for guests. It is recommended that guests arrive early.
- Guests will be seated between 12:00 noon and 12:50 pm. Guests who arrive late will be seated only after the processional.
- Wheelchairs, strollers, and infant carriers may not block walkways.
- Seating will be reserved for graduates, faculty and staff participating in commencement.
- Guests requiring accessible seating must contact Patti Timoney at 607-746-4762 by December 1.
- A limited number of accessible parking spaces will be available at Clark Field House.
- ASL interpreters will be provided for the ceremony.