HOW TO WRITE A COVER LETTER The Basics
- Intent for cover letter- letter of introduction
- Match your skills & qualifications with employers needs
- Use proper and professional language- no text speak
- Keep it to one page- single spaced
- Point out key points-this is not a replication of your resume
- Personalize it- Do NOT use a generic letter
- Address it to specific person
- Spell check, review grammar and proof read (Spell Check does not catch all mistakes!)
- Establish time line for follow up
Cover Letter Template (pdf)
This template is meant to assist you in learning the format of a cover letter as well as the type of content to include.
Sample Cover Letter
HOW TO WRITE A RESUME pdf
- Check out How to Write a Resume at GotResumeBuilder.com
- This site will give you some helpful hints for building your first resume!
- Key point: Make sure your resume is easy to read, free of errors and clearly shows you are a good candidate for the position.
Resources and examples for cover letters & resumes
NYS Department of Labor has examples of cover letters and instructions on letter writing in how to get a job.
Career Cruising and Monster.com have letter writing instructions & examples.
Susan Ireland Cover Letter Samples, Functional Resume Sample
Career & Business Development