Advice For Transferring
- Transfer Guide for Delhi Students (pdf)
RESEARCH-VISIT-PLAN-PREPARE: SOME KEY POINTS TO CONSIDER
- Research colleges and programs of interest
- Check into what credits will transfer
- Some programs require a year in advance to enroll in
- Required GPA?
- What type of student services are available?
- Visit the top few colleges you are interested in
- Urban vs Rural?
- Check into Student Life- clubs, sports & activities
- Is housing available for a transfer student?
- Application deadlines
- If you have or will have your AA or AS degree prior to entrance into the college- your application fee for SUNY is waived
- Apply early for financial aid- don't wait to get accepted!
- Make sure all of your paperwork arrives to the college- applications, transcripts from each college, essays, etc.
- Once accepted- don't forget to send your final transcript from Delhi once the semester is over. Colleges will not move forward with your application if they have not received your final grades and this will jeopardize your acceptance!
- Keep a list and calendar of items you need to attend to as you make your transition to your next college
- Keep copies of all paperwork
Still have questions? Please stop by, email or call!
Career & Business Development