SUNY Delhi is recognized as a leader in nursing education, with a long history of providing nursing education to serve local and state-wide healthcare needs.
Our Associate of Applied Science in Nursing degree will prepare you to work as a Registered Nurse. In this two-year program, students learn to take personal responsibility for their patients and to make decisions with regard to the physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional needs of each patient. Direct, holistic patient care is emphasized.
In our program, you’ll gain vital real-world experience in clinical rotations at primary, secondary and tertiary health care settings. The mental health component of the program gives students exposure in both acute care and community treatment programs.
- Graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN licensing exam
- Attend on a full-time or part-time basis
- Receive excellent clinical preparation with a variety of agencies throughout the tri-county area
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Employment opportunities for registered nurses are available in acute care facilities, in industrial settings and geriatric centers, and with public and private health care agencies.
The critical shortage of both nursing practitioners and educators is leading to multiple options for those interested in the profession. Jobs are available nationwide in a wide range of settings, typically at excellent salaries, with opportunities for growth.
- High school graduate with 80 high school GPA
- Algebra Regents: 80
- Biology Regents: 80
- English Regents: 80
- Transfer GPA: 3.0
- Minimum letter grade of B in Science and Math courses
- High school chemistry is strongly recommended
- Students requesting to transfer from another school of nursing must provide a letter of recommendation from the director
- Official transcript from every college or educational institution attended
- College Board transcript if applicable
- The student must also meet criteria set forth in admission and progression technical standards. These standards include abilities and skills necessary to provide nursing care with or without accommodation such as 1) communication, observation and sensory skills, 2) motor skills, 3) conceptual and reasoning, and 4) social skills
- Curriculum Code: 0622
SUNY Delhi's ADN and RN to BSN programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). ACEN is located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326; phone: 404-975-5000.