Nursing Dual Degree
Nursing: Dual Degree (AAS/BSN)
SUNY Delhi is recognized as a nursing education leader and has a long history of providing nursing education to serve local and statewide healthcare needs.
Our BSN Dual Degree Nursing Program gives you the opportunity to earn two nursing degrees in four years, beginning with an AAS and culminating in a BSN, through a unique combination of traditional and online classes.
The program focuses on integrating theory, research and evidence to provide client-centered care in a complex healthcare environment. You'll work with highly-credentialed instructors in state-of-the-art classrooms to achieve your associate's degree while simultaneously working toward a bachelor's degree via online courses. At the end of year three, you'll be ready to sit for your National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Earn associate's and bachelor's degrees in nursing in four years or less (summer sessions are available)
- Easy to use, web-supported classes with technical assistance and tutoring
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the New York State Board of Regents
- State-of-the-art curriculum delivered by faculty with the highest credentials in the field
- Affordable SUNY tuition rates and opportunities for financial aid
Application Plans and Deadlines
The Office of Admissions and School of Nursing utilize an Early Action and Regular
Decision Application Plan for First-Year and Transfer Admissions for its On-Campus
Program; Admission is only offered for the Fall Semester.
Early Action Review Period: First-Year and Transfer
Students who have completed their applications by December 1, 2018 will be notified of their admission status by December 15, 2018. Students who are not admissible through Early Action will be moved to our Regular Decision review process. Please note: Students will apply through general admission and will not be able to select Early Action or Regular Decision on the SUNY or Common Application.
Regular Decision Review Period: First-Year and Transfer
Students who have completed their applications by February 1, 2019 will be notified
of their admission status by February 15, 2019. Please note: Students will apply through general admission and will not be able to select Early
Action or Regular Decision on the SUNY or Common Application.
Offers of Admission through Early Action and Regular Decision are non-binding and students have until May 1, 2019 to submit their tuition deposit.
Recommended Admission Requirements
Please note that these are minimum recommendations for admission consideration and do not guarantee admission to SUNY Delhi.
- First-Year Students - 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma; SAT scores with a combined reading/writing and math score of 980 or composite ACT Score of 19
- Completed Coursework in Algebra, Geometry, and Biology (Living Environment);
Algebra 2/Trigonometry, Chemistry Recommended
- Transfer Students - 3.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
Employment opportunities for registered nurses are available in acute care facilities, in industrial settings and geriatric centers, and with public and private health care agencies. The critical shortage of both nursing practitioners and educators is leading to multiple options for those interested in the profession. Jobs are available nationwide in a wide range of settings, typically at excellent salaries, with opportunities for growth.