Nursing Dual Degree
To prepare professional nurses who integrate health care expertise with civic responsibility in a dynamic and complex health care arena and enable graduates to be employed and contribute within their community through service, leadership, and education.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Synthesize knowledge from the liberal arts and sciences as a cornerstone for professional nursing practice.
- Use theory, research findings, and evidence to support nursing practice related to disease prevention, health promotion, illness, and restoration of health.
- Communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to provide client-centered care.
- Implement interventions to meet the healthcare, education, and counseling needs of diverse client groups.
- Assume diverse leadership roles across the continuum of care to responsibly manage human, fiscal, and material resources.
- Integrate values, ethics, morals, and legal aspects of the professional nursing into a variety of practice settings.
- Apply knowledge and skills of health literacy, information management, and technology in the delivery of quality patient care.
|Expected Level of Achievement||Student Achievement Outcome Data|
|Graduates will meet or exceed the national and state pass rate on the NCLEX-RN licensing examination.||2017 pass rate: 95.65%, NYS 84.53, national 86.70|
|90% of graduates will express
satisfaction with the nursing program.
|2017: 93% of graduates indicate they have met program student learning outcomes|
|Graduation rate will meet or exceed 50%.||2017 graduation rate: 50%|
|Retention rate will meet or exceed 50%.||2016-2017 retention rate 63%|
|90% of graduates will be employed as a registered nurse within six months of graduation or will be enrolled in a graduate program.||2016 graduates: 93% of graduates are employed|
|90% of employers will express satisfaction with graduate's performance.||2016 graduates: 100% of employers are
satisfied with graduate's performance
SUNY Delhi's ADN and RN to BSN programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). ACEN is located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326; phone: 404-975-5000.