Do you dream of designing buildings or being part of a team that does? The Bachelor of Technology in Architectural Design and Building at SUNY Delhi is a design-intensive program that will prepare you for employment in an architectural design and building firm or for transfer to a Master's of Architecture degree program to become a professional architect. The program features hands-on performance in studios and labs that support classroom theory, and offers a solid foundation of liberal arts and sciences, overlain with building systems technology, structural engineering, architectural history and theory, and most critically, a multi-semester, studio design sequence.
SUNY Delhi also offers an A.A.S. in Architectural Technology >
- HS Average: 80
- Algebra Regents: 75
- Geometry Regents: 75
- Trigonometry, Physics and Studio Art preferred
- Project Manager
- Transfer to a Master of Architecture program to become a professional architect
The market for architectural technology skills goes beyond the conventional architectural firm. Attractive employment opportunities can be found with construction companies, engineering firms, government agencies, large corporations, and building products manufacturers.
What are students working on?
Check out the student project gallery >
Graduates of SUNY Delhi's architecture programs are in demand by firms who recognize the value of employees who have gained experience in both design and construction. Our graduates can be found in architectural design firms from small to large, while others branch out and start their own practices. Our graduates can also be found in design jobs for the construction industry. See what some alumni are doing now >
What will I study?
- Freshman students hone their drawing and drafting skills and complete their first conceptual design project for an outdoor pavilion on the Delhi campus
- Sophomore students explore the theme of housing, and design different types of residential programs from apartments to single family homes, to multi-family buildings
- Junior students gain experience working in groups and working directly with clients. Students designed and presented a pavillion for the Catskills Interpretive Center and also presented their redesign for the Cobleskill library to faculty and staff.
- Senior students tackle programmatically complex designs for a 21st century digital library
- Delhi's independent-study architecture students designed an information kiosk for the town of Andes, which was built in cooperation with the Construction Management program
Why Architecture at Delhi?
- Hands-on experience in the laboratory or studio, supported by classroom theory
- Program places equal emphasis on the creative process of designing buildings, as well as the practical understanding of building methods, materials, structure and mechanical systems
- All courses are taught by architects, engineers and construction professionals with extensive work experience.
- Fully equipped construction laboratories and drafting studios which are accessible 24/7
- Use of the latest industry-standard computer software in fully equipped computer labs
- Small class sizes encourage close interaction with faculty members and peers
- Extracurricular field trips and community service opportunities