The BBA in Athletic and Sports Field Management is a four-year advisement track under Golf and Sports Turf Management. It is a program designed for students wishing to pursue degree in athletic field management and combines existing agronomic, technical, and business classes to develop future sports turf managers and managers of athletic and sports field complexes.
- High School Average: 80
or GED: 2500
- Algebra Regents: 75
- Biology Regents: 75
- One other science Regents: 75
SAT/ACT scores are not required, but an SAT score of 950 or better or an ACT score of 19 or better will be used as an indicator of success. An on-campus interview is strongly recommended. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for admission to the program may be offered admission (if qualified) into the Golf Course Operations A.A.S. program.
- GPA: 2.3
- On-campus interview
- Golf Course Superintendent
- Golf Course General Manager
- Athletic Field Facility Manager
- Sports Facility Manager
- Athletic Facility and Sports Field Construction
Currently, SUNY Delhi graduates have nearly 100% placement rate and are working at some of the country’s most prestigious properties around the world.
What do alumni say?
- Eric Newell, Assistant Superintendent, Bethpage State Park, Bethpage, NY: "I loved all the personal time that I got with the instructors and all of the hands-on training. Delhi is not a cookie-cutter school looking for numbers. You can tell that they really care for you."
- Aaron Crouse, Assistant Superintendent, The Woodmere Club, Woodmere, NY: "Attending Delhi provided me with an in-depth hands-on experience in all facets of my profession. I will always credit Delhi for my success and for triggering a prideful attitude towards my work."
- James Hayes, First Assistant Superintendent, Oak Hill Country Club, Rochester, NY: "If it were not for the faculty and staff of the turf program at SUNY Delhi, I would not be where I am today. Ultimately, they supplied me with a stable platform from which my career could be launched."
What will I study?
The Golf and Sports Turf Management program with a concentration in Athletic and Sports Field Management offers a well-integrated curriculum that incorporates the liberal arts, general business, turf management, and hospitality management theory and application. Students complete a sequence of courses emphasizing horticultural practices, turf management, pest management, equipment management, irrigation management, budget planning and preparation, personnel management, and public policy. In addition to completing a core set of courses, students select one of two program majors. These majors require an extensive 15-week internship at an approved national or international internship site.
Why Golf and Sports Turf Management
at SUNY Delhi?
- Hands-on experience in real-life environments with state-of-the art equipment
- Excellent facilities such as the Turf Education Center, College Golf Course at Delhi, greenhouses, landscape design studio, computer labs with the latest software, display gardens with a wide variety of plant life, 280 acre natural arboretum, and a tree and shrub nursery
- Paid internships that are credit-bearing degree requirements are completed during the summer at sites across the country such as golf courses, athletics field complexes, landscaping and irrigation companies. Most internships also provide housing, meals, and uniforms. The internship component is a priceless way to gain on-the-job experience and many times leads directly into employment.
- Numerous scholarships are awarded to Delhi turf students each year.
- Nearly 100% job placement with a seamless transition to employment
- Turf Club - A Student Chapter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America. Serves as official organization for students interested in golf course management and provides them with information about career directions.
- Horticulture Club - Promotes the development and advancement of Landscape Contracting and Turf Management fields