ARE YOU PLANNING TO GRADUATE THIS SEMESTER?
If so, please follow the steps below to ensure that you will be included on the Graduation List:
- Petition and Degree Evaluation Due Date for December Graduation is October 15. (October 16 for Fall 2013)
- Petition and Degree Evaluation Due Date for May Graduation is March 15.
- Petition and Degree Evaluation Due Date for August Graduation is June 15.
NOTE: Be sure to read this important letter from Provost John Nader about commencement procedures, including information about the Student/Advisor checklist.
STEP 1: Run and print a CAPP Degree Evaluation to confirm that all degree requirements will be met by the end of the Fall/Spring semester.
STEP 2: Download the Petition to Graduate form or pick it up from your Division/Department Office. Complete the form as directed.
STEP 3: Meet with your Academic Advisor to review your CAPP Degree Evaluation and obtain your advisor’s signature on the Petition to Graduate.
STEP 4: If the CAPP Degree Evaluation indicates that all degree requirements have been MET, bring the CAPP Degree Evaluation and the completed Petition to Graduate form to the Office of Records and Registration, Bush Hall – 124, by the stated deadline.
• If the CAPP Degree Evaluation indicates that all requirements are NOT MET, please review the outstanding issue(s) with your advisor. Discuss with your advisor if a waiver or substitution is appropriate or if additional coursework is necessary. Take appropriate action.
• The Office of Records and Registration will only accept the Petition to Graduate and CAPP Degree Evaluation when the CAPP Degree Evaluation indicates that all requirements have been met.
- Missing the Orientation/Freshman Seminar course: If you changed majors and the requirement was completed under a different subject heading OR you are a transfer student and it is not necessary for you to complete this requirement you will need to discuss the possibility of a substitution or waiver with your Advisor.
- If you were an associate degree student, and transferred to a bachelor degree program, there is a chance that all your Level 1 course work from your associate degree program may not have been applied to your Level 2 course work. If there are required courses that you completed that are not displaying on your CAPP Degree Evaluation, please come to the Office of Records & Registration and it will be researched.
- Did you fail to enroll in a course at the appropriate level (lower level: 100-299; upper level: 300-999)?
- Failure to meet General Education Requirements: Please note that if you have “double dipped”, it will say that the General Education Area is “NOT MET”. However, if all the General Education Groups have notations of “YES” next to them, then the General Education Requirements are considered satisfied.
- Liberal Arts majors – your elective group may say it is “MET”-however- to make sure that you have completed the appropriate number, please check the Area/Major to see if the number of credits has, indeed, been “MET”.
- Every Group appears to be “MET” but you do not have a GPA of 2.0. You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 to graduate.
Records & Registration
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753
Bush Hall, Room 124
Monday - Friday
Monday - Friday