Delhi College Senate Minutes
January 25th, 2010
Meeting called to order by Presider, Julee Miller at 4:20 pm
Senators Present: D. Brower, D. Dougherty, C. Elston, T. Hamblin, K. MacLeod, C. Nelson, K. Ogborn, P. Pardoe, T. Philion, T. Rathbone, A. Rhodes, S. Shoemaker, J. Tessier, A. Wachter (proxy held by C. Elston), M. Wake, L. Weinberg
December 14, 2009 meeting minutes approved with L. Weinberg abstaining.
- Presider added a Likert scale on Confluence to help shape the recommendations as provided by the campus community; some areas may need clarification; provide suggestions and feedback on how to form the survey
- T. Hamblin—the survey should be kept at a reasonable length as we want to make it easy to use.
- Add any changes or suggestions in a new color or strikethrough areas that are not needed
- Senate to review at the next meeting
- Any Senators not interested in running in June, please let the Presider or Secretary know
- Discussion about Article XV, Section 1, A -- A Senator's seat will be deemed vacant by the Presider if: 1. A Senator, or alternate senator, fails to be present at roll call for three (3) or more Senate meetings in one (1) academic semester.
- ways to help make the process of getting interested individuals involved in Senate
- Earlier voting so that faculty/staff can align duties with Senate meetings
- have Senate communicate to deans that elected Senators need to have Monday meeting time free
- What happened to alternate Senators?
- Accessibility for online faculty to be represented by Senate
- Do we change the membership to be inclusive? Are they already represented based on their departments/divisions?
- Motion (C. Nelson) to have functional areas reach out to online and off-campus faculty and let them know who they can contact in their functional areas. Have procedures posted online; prepare a fact sheet or FAQ and send to the entire campus community; need to allow for entire campus to know what the Senate does. Recommend to the Office of the President to have descriptors and links put on the list of campus committees; seconded by C. Elston; approved
Look at the new GEN ED information that the Presider sent out.
Meeting adjourned at 5:24 p.m.
Next meeting at 4:15 p.m. on Monday, February 8, 2010
Jared Yando, Presider