Delhi College Senate Minutes April 27, 2009
Meeting called to order by Presider, Julee Miller
Quorum established at 4:15 p.m.
Senators Present: David Brower, Donna Dougherty, Cindy Elston, Susan Greenwood, Terry Hamblin, Kim MacLeod, Kathleen Ogborn, Penny Pardoe, Angela Rhodes, Shannon Shoemaker, Jennifer Smith, Jeff Stedman, Jack Tessier, Carolyn Tolley, Allen Wachter, Mary Wake
Absent: Glenda Bolton, Jack Burgess, Joan Erickson, Bret Meckel, Clark Nelson, Thomas Philion, John Taylor, Linda Weinberg
The minutes from the April 13th, 2009 meeting were approved
Guest: C. Vancko
- J. Sandman to be interim Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Budget update-trying not to use layoffs as a way to balance the budget
- Survey for faculty and staff to complete; President desires feedback
- T. Hamblin and A. Rhodes will co-chair the Middle States
- Tabled until a member of Curriculum Committee attends a Senate meeting to provide additional information
Innovative Academic Initiatives Committee
- Provost suggested disbanding this committee; Presider responded that this is the time that this committee is needed to most
- Discussion on having the external committees of the Senate create more uniform descriptions of their charges and responsibilities
- IAB-suggestion of changes to the Senate bylaws; M. Wake will send a digital format to the Presider to forward to all members to get responses from functional areas
- T. Hamblin and M. Wake suggest that the descriptions will provide readers a path to follow in regards to why a more detailed description may be necessary
- Suggestion to link the charges for external committees to a separate page off of the Senate webpage
Motion to adjourn,
The meeting was adjourned at 5:02 p.m.
Next Meeting: Monday, May 11th, 2009.