College Senate Minutes September 11, 2006
Meeting called to order by Presider Julee Miller
Quorum established at 4:15 p.m.
Present: Linnea Burwood, Kathryn DeZur, Steve Dixon, Donna Dougherty, Joan Erickson, Terry Hamblin, Ursula Herz, Kathleen Ogborn, Tom Recinella, Michael Spisto, Jeffrey Stedman, Marsha Stock, John Taylor, Carolyn Tolley, Mary Wake, Linda Weinberg
Absent: Sean Babcock, Douglas Dune, Robert Fisher, Kim MacLeod, Leslie Mokay, Lori Osterhoudt, Manly Shults,
The Minutes from the June 15, 2006 meeting were approved.
- Julee gave a brief overview of the subcommittees of the College Senate. Descriptions and membership criteria are found in the by-laws on the Senate website. Call for nominations to committees with openings will be soon.
- Email Julee with any questions you may have about these committees.
Campus Compact Statement
- Lori Osterhoudt is working to put together a Task Force that will develop this statement.
- Discussion continued on how to get more candidates for these scholarships. A memo asking for nominations will be sent out the first week of April. Marsha Stock made a motion that we ask for at least two ranked nominations from each Division. The motion was seconded and voting showed all in favor.
- Julee was approached concerning the possible situation of a person running unopposed and making sure we elect the best person for a position.
- Any changes in election criteria will involve a change in the by-laws. By-law changes require that they be listed on the agenda for two meetings before voting can occur.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:27 p.m. so senators could attend the 9/11 Memorial Service at 4:30.
The next meeting will be Monday, September 25 at 4:15 PM.
Jared Yando, Presider