Delhi College Senate Minutes November 26, 2007
A quorum was not established but Julee Miller called the meeting to order in order to hear the President’s report.
- Senators Present: Marsha Stock, Terry Hamblin, Donna Dougherty, Mike Spisto, Mary Wake, Joan Erickson, Jeff Stedman, Steve Dixon, , Carolyn Tolley, Lori Osterhoudt, Kim MacLeod
- Excused: Kathryn DeZur, Jack Tessier, Douglas Dune, Linda Weinberg, Ursula Herz
- Absent: Kathleen Ogborn, Sean Babcock, Linnea Goodwin Burwood, Robert Fisher, Leslie Mokay, John Taylor.
- Mike Petrillose has been in the Ukrane and Rumania and we now have 4 new MOU’s for Hospitality programs.
- A senior advisor to Governor Spitzer met with various campus constituents during his visit to campus. There was a good dialog and we expressed was a need to streamline program approval process.
- Carly Hayden, new Chairman of the Board of Trustees will visit campus in the near future.
- Dr. Vancko is on the search committee for a new Chancellor.
- New Programs:
- The BSN will start in January.
- Culinary students and faculty have once again received gold metals in competition.
- The Cross Country Team won the National Championship.
- Student Success:
- The process by which students appeal academic dismissals is being tightened; students must submit a plan for their success.
- A retention consultant, David Trites,from Noel Levitz, will be visiting campus in order to have fresh eyes look at how we might improve retention.
- Construction Report:
- Farrell Hall contract has been awarded to the architects with a slight delay. The time-line for this project has been extended.
- A new 5-year plan for capital improvements has been submitted.
- North Hall is slated for demolition but a problem remains as to where to relocate the Day Care center.
- There is as yet no plan for Thurston.
- Renovation of Russell Hall bathrooms will begin this year.
- Riverview Condominiums will be ready this fall.
- Safety Committee recommendations for G lot emergency phone and hall phones in Evenden will be implemented.
- Other News:
- We have signed a contract with Barnes and Noble for running the campus store effective in January. Current employees may stay or not and can move to CADI.
- NY Alert is nearly in operation; many have signed up.
Chancellor’s Award Committees:
- Deadline is November 30th for Faculty and Staff awards.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:45 PM
The next meeting is December 10th.
Jared Yando, Presider