Delhi College Senate
December 12, 2011
Senators Present: J. Backus-Foster, A. Burger, J. Burgess(proxy held by D. Stein), S. Carlson, M. DeFreece(proxy held by J. Morgan), D. Dougherty, T. Hamblin(proxy held by A. Burger), C. Levitt, K. MacLeod, A. Mitchell, K. Quartuccio(proxy held by C. Levitt), S. Shoemaker(proxy held by J. Miller), D. Sivers, A. Smith, D. Stein, S. Swayze, A. Thompson, C. Vesterfelt(proxy held by M. Wake), M. Wake, J. Yando
Senators Absent: L. Goodwin-Burwood, E. Hodges, M McKenna, K Ogborn, A. Sohns, K. Zuber
Meeting called to order at 4:15 pm by Presider J. Miller
- Sanford Hall Renovation (beautiful concept pictures!) (also a mention of a potential new meeting location for Senate)
- Shared Services – info in memo emailed to campus community - questions
- NLNAC site visit – went well with few issues
- Meeting with Chancellor Zimpher – SUNY strategic budget submitted, MS Nursing discussed, Delhi target 5K students (predominantly offsite and online)
Curriculum Committee minutes
- New short form for description only changes approved
- Table inclusion for Student Learning Outcomes approved
- CC11-22 tabled – question about 2.3 GPA restriction for BUSI344 online
- CC11-23, CC11-24, CC-11-25, CC11-26, CC11-27 from Dec 6th approved
- CC11-28 from Oct 4th approved
Academic Policy changes
- Academic Honesty – reworded to match student code of conduct, and added wording to make appeal possibility clear. Passed with 14 Yes votes, 1 opposed
- Nursing program transfer grade raised from C- to C. Passed unanimously
November 28, 2011 meeting minutes: Approved unanimously
Membership By Laws change
- Housekeeping (change Delhi College to SUNY Delhi)
- Membership wording on Senate proper and Senate committees allowing staff with Management Confidential status to serve if their positions are not supervisory. Passed with 15 yes votes, 6 opposed, 1 abstention.
- No interest in forming shared services taskforce at this time.
- Senate committee for Term and Permanent Appointment discussion postponed until UUP contract negotiations are completed.
Next meeting: February 13, 2012 at 4:15 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 5:25 p.m.
Jared Yando, Presider