SUNY Delhi College Senate Minutes
May 14, 2007
Meeting called to order by Presider Julee Miller
Quorum established at 4:16 p.m.
Present: Ex Officio: President Candace Vancko
Senators: Kathryn DeZur, Steve Dixon, Donna Dougherty, Terry Hamblin, Kim MacLeod, Leslie Mokay, Lori Osterhoudt, Tom Recinella, Manly Shults, Mike Spisto, Jeff Stedman, John Taylor, Carolyn Tolley, Mary Wake, Linda Weinberg
Absent: Sean Babcock, Linnea Burwood, Douglas Dune, Joan Erickson, Robert Fisher, Ursula Herz, Kathleen Ogborn, Marsha Stock
Minutes from March 26, 2007 meeting were approved.
- The minimum standard Adjunct Faculty rate will be raised by $200.00 to $2202.00.
- The Parking Task Force has made its recommendations. A report will be sent to the Campus. Short term solutions are to add spaces between Sanford Hall and Smith Hall in the area that is currently used as a construction staging area; making diagonal parking spaces on the back loop; removing the island in the lot next to North Hall will allow spaces to be added there. Long term is to finish the upper lot in the Clark Field House area. This project could be part of the next five-year capital plan.
- The Provost will be listing the many new hires in his May update.
- The BSN proposal will be going to the SUNY Board of Trustees this month. We are hoping to launch this program in January 2008.
- On-going meetings with the architects regarding Farrell Hall renovation. Proposed plans were passed around for Senators to see. The second floor of Farrell will house the Campus Bookstore. A decision will be made soon as to whether we will outsource the bookstore. We have received several proposals for this including a proposal from Barnes & Noble. The 2007 Student Senate voted to contribute $15,000 to the Farrell Hall renovation. This will be added to the $10,000 contributed by the 2006 Student Senate.
University Faculty Senate Representative
- Terry Hamblin was nominated for University Faculty Senate Representative. John Taylor moved to cast one vote for the body. Manly Shults seconded this motion.
- John Taylor was nominated as Alternate Representative. Terry Hamblin moved to cast one vote for the body. Tom Recinella seconded this motion.
- Donna Dougherty described the new product Confluence that ATAC/ADTAC will be using. Discussion of these committees and their redefined roles was moved to the next meeting when Marsha Stock will be present.
Faculty Senate Scholarship Nominations
- Letters of recommendation were passed around for review. Terry Hamblin moved to approve the nominees for each division. The motion was seconded and voting showed all in favor. Faculty Senate Scholarships will be given to the following:
- Thomas Barnes – Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Travis Batey – Technology
- Tami Eicholz – Business & Hospitality
- Kirsten Tarica – Applied Sciences & Recreation
Resolution of Support
- This document from the University Faculty Senate in which it “reaffirms SUNY’s continued greater than 50-year commitment to public health care education, service and research in New York State and reaffirms its opposition to the privatization of SUNY hospitals” had been distributed earlier.
- John Taylor moved that we support this resolution as written. Terry Hamblin seconded this motion and voting showed all in favor.
- Leslie Mokay explained the rationale of Curriculum Committee proposals from their April 3rd and May 1st meetings.
- Tom Recinella made a motion to approve the proposals and Kathryn DeZur seconded the motion. Voting showed all in favor.
- CC06-34 Liberal Arts & Science Change prerequisite for English 200
- CC06-35 Liberal Arts & Science Develop HUMN 120 Elementary Spanish 1 as an on-line course.
- CC06-36 Liberal Arts & Science Develop HUMN 160 Introduction to Mythology as an on-line class.
- CC06-37 Applied Sciences & Recreation Change course name from GMBA 300 Golf Course Management & Planning to Golf Course Planning & Design
- CC06-38 Applied Sciences & Recreation Change course name GMBA 310 from Advanced Golf Course Operations to Golf Course Operations Planning & Budgeting
- The last meeting of the year will be Wednesday June 13th at 1:00.
- Tentative location is Bush 131.
Meeting was adjourned at 4:45 p.m.
Jared Yando, Presider