Senate Minutes Sept. 12, 2005
Delhi College of Technology State University of New York
COLLEGE SENATE MEETING MINUTES
September 12, 2005
Meeting called to order by Presider Lynn Domina
Quorum established at 4:17 p.m.
Present: Ex Officio: President Candace Vancko
Senators: Linnea Burwood, Steve Dixon, Douglas Dune, Robert Fisher, John Horner, Kim MacLeod, Julee Miller, Lori Osterhoudt, Manly Shults, Marsha Stock, Carolyn Tolley, Mary Wake
Absent: Leslie Mokay, Kathleen Ogborn, John Taylor
The minutes from the June 20, 2005 meeting were approved.
- Talking with the deans about web course development. Would like to see more course offerings on the web, however this will probably necessitate more faculty and more technical support.
- Rising energy costs continue to be a concern.
- Going to SUNY Cortland in October with Dominic Morales to talk with faculty about how we will begin offering their BS in Phys Ed. We will probably offer program beginning with the freshman class in Fall 2006.
- Working on a multi-year campus needs analysis which ranges from our #1 unfunded project (Farrell Hall renovation) to enrollment projections.
- Dennis Callas, John Nader, and Barbara Sturdevant are working on reformatting the MOU II to fit into the new state template format.
- Purchases of new furniture on campus: 7th floor of E-Tower, 3rd floor Bush outside the Resnick Reading Room. Bush 131 and 138 will be getting new furniture.
- Good start to the year. Withdrawals seem to be down. Residence halls are very full.
- Question as to whether the trees in the agora will have to be cut down for the renovation project. They must be cut down in order to dig up the steam pipes under the agora. New plantings are part of the renovation project.
Discussion of the revised proposed “Computer, Network, and Telecommunications Usage Policy” from AdTAC.
- The last sentence under VI. Sanctions should have a title only. “To report violations or request further information, please contact the Dean of Information Systems.”
- Third sentence under VI. Sanctions should read “Illegal acts involving University at Delhi computing, telecommunications and network resources will be reported to the appropriate authority and may subject users to prosecution by College, State and Federal authorities.
- A motion was made and seconded to accept the proposal from AdTAC with these two revisions. Voting showed all in favor.
Election of Members to Senate Committees
Ballots were distributed for various Senate subcommittees. The voting results are as follows:
- Academic Policies: Richard Nabinger, Michael Branigan, Peter Paluch, Alan Franks, William Raynor
- Annual Budget & Planning: Peggy Garramone, Pat Mente
- Intercollegiate Athletic Review Board: Bob Backus, Leslie Mokay
- ATAC: Lisa Wehner, Ann Janauer, Michael Petrillose, Steve Tucker, Richard Harrington, Amy Baeza, Charles Tarrants, Howard Reed.
- AdTAC: Joyce Sen, Richard Nabinger, John Padovani, Louis Shields, Tanja deMauro, Nicole Beauregard
- Chancellor’s Award, Student Excellence: Kim MacLeod, Lori Osterhoudt, John Kolodziej, Joan Erickson
- Chancellor’s Award, Teaching: Monica Liddle, John Sandman, Bill Moyse, Doug McKee
- Chancellor’s Award, Professional Service: Jo Ann Kaufman, Jan Newcomer, Bonnie Martin, Carolyn Scobie
- Chancellor’s Award, Faculty Service, Scholarship & Creative Activity, Librarianship: Lynn Domina, Mary Wake, Julee Miller (Joyce Sen will be the library’s representative).
The meeting was adjourned at 5:00 p.m.
The next senate meeting will be on Sept. 26, 2005.