College Senate Minutes Oct. 24, 2005
Delhi College of Technology State University of New York
COLLEGE SENATE MEETING MINUTES
October 24, 2005
Meeting called to order by Presider Lynn Domina
Quorum established at 4:20 p.m.
Present: Ex Officio: President Candace Vancko
Senators: Linnea Burwood, Steve Dixon, Douglas Dune, John Horner, Kim MacLeod, Julee Miller, Kathleen Ogborn, Lori Osterhoudt, Marsha Stock, John Taylor, Carolyn Tolley, Mary Wake
Absent: Robert Fisher, Leslie Mokay, Manly Shults,
As the minutes from the September 21, 2005 meeting had not been distributed, they will be reviewed at the next meeting.
- Have been in contact with the Chancellor and the Finance Committee, we should know more about the State Budget in the next week or so.
- Have received the Budget and Planning Committee’s report which will be reviewed at a two-day retreat later this week as part of our campus planning process. Pat Heath and Chris Shields will attend part of this retreat and present the committee’s recommendations and priorities taken from the unit plans.
- Working on a number of different articulation agreements with community colleges in particular which should bring us more upper class transfer students.
- There is a good pool of candidates for the Dean of Enrollment Services position. Three candidates will be on campus and will hold open forums starting the first week of November.
- There was a question as to whether we get any benefit for being above our target number? “It depends on the year.” A new funding model should be coming next year.
- Marsha Stock, Lynn Domina, Carolyn Tolley and Kathleen Ogborn will draft a statement addressing the Senate’s concerns and Lynn will forward these to Mike Branigan who was unable to attend today’s meeting.
- There was discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of emeritus faculty serving on committees. A motion was made that “at the invitation of a committee, emeritus faculty or staff members may serve in an advisory capacity.” Voting showed all in favor.
Intercollegiate Athletic Review Board
- Terry Hamblin was elected by ballot to serve on this committee.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:45 p.m.
The next meeting is November 14th at 4:15 p.m.
Jared Yando, Presider