Monthly Engagement Opportunities
Join The Center for Excellence & Innovation in Teaching & Learning on Bronco Connect today to see all of the great upcoming events for faculty and staff. Instantly be able to RSVP to all types of programming, add it to your calendar, and track attendance!
The Buzz: What will the New Bronco Ready Days look like...
April 5, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., The Okun Theatre
Led by Dawn Sohns & Larry Mannolini
This new Personal Development Series will feature activities and workshops focused on self-care and skill development with topics like food, nutrition, fitness, mental health, and Life 101. Look for activities hosted by your own peers around campus for better working and living at SUNY Delhi this semester! Sign up on Bronco Connect.
March 19 (Noon to 1 p.m.), Bush 302
Find out what nutrients are in your foods and recipes. Use our campus analysis tool to improve your eating habits. *A follow up from our January session...but new people welcome.
Reaching your Goals
March 23 (Noon to 1 p.m.), Bush 233
Reach your goals with visualization and sensory planning. Mentally and physically planning for success.
The Sweet Life
March 27 (12:25 to 1:45 p.m.), Bush 131
Sugar: Come demystify sugar. Learn how sugar consumption affects your body, the media's influence. and simple ways to satisfy your sweet tooth!
March 29, 12:15 to 12:45 p.m., Farrell Dance Studio
Pound is an exhilarating primal, musically driven, drumstick workout! It is always a party and time flies by during a Pound class! Have fun, burn those calories and tone your muscles! Come check it out! No experience necessary and ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
The Grants Chat Brown Bag Lunch Series will meet Thursdays during the Spring semester to talk about grant funding opportunities. What's new in grant opportunities? What's your dream grant idea? Get your ideas and proposals on the funder launch pad. Sign up today on Bronco Connect.
Brown Bag Meeting Dates
- March 15, 12 to 1 p.m., Bush 131
- April 19, 12 to 1 p.m., Bush 131
- May 3, 12 to 1 p.m., Bush 131
Academic Advising Series
The Academic Advising Series will be offered during the Spring Semester for participants to enhance their knowledge of advisement issues, financial aid, transfer credit, and more. The series has seven sessions at different times during the semester giving faculty the opportunity to explore key topics in advisement. Participants that attend all sessions will receive a certificate and badge of completion. This series will be recognized for promotion and advancement at SUNY Delhi. Sign up today on Bronco Connect.
Academic Advising Series Dates Zoom Link
- March 8, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Bush 133 Get Your Student Graduated
- March 14, 3 to 4 p.m., Bush 131 Navigating the Transcript_Eval Share Drive
- March 20, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Sanford Centennial 250 How to Connect with all your Advisees
- April 3, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Sanford Centennial 250 Financial Aid
- April 18, 3 to 4 p.m., Bush 131 General Education
- April 26, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Sanford Centennial 250 Transfer Credit/TES/Change of Major
- June 6, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Farrell 211 A/B Roundtable Discussion
The Delhi Differences Series pilot will be offered during the Spring Semester for participants who wish to enhance their knowledge of Diversity issues. Participants will meet six times during the semester having the opportunity to explore key topics in a variety of ways. Participants that attend all six sessions will receive a certificate and badge of completion. This series will be recognized for promotion and advancement at SUNY Delhi. Sign up today on Bronco Connect.
* This series will start with coffee/tea and donuts at 7:45 a.m., Session at 8 to 8:50 a.m., Q&A 8:50 to 9 a.m.
Delhi Diversity Series Dates
- February 14, 8 to 9 a.m., Diversity Dialogue with Michele DeFreece & Claire Hawthorne
- February 21, 8 to 9 a.m., Marginalized Groups with Gabriella Vasta
- March 14, 8 to 9 a.m., Implicit Bias & Micro Aggression with Dawn Sohns & Katie Murphy
- March 21, 8 to 9 a.m., LGBTQ+ Community with Lori Ciafardoni & Nick Wagner
- April 4, 8 to 9 a.m., Religion & Spiritual Life with Dawn Sohns, Michele DeFreece & Local Clergy & Ministry guests
- April 18, 8 to 9 a.m., Celebration and Capstone Project Send-off with the Diversity Series Committee
March 27, 2 to 3 p.m., Bush 302
OER is here to stay. Open Educational Resources are adaptable and cost effective for your classes. Join us for a hands-on workshop where we will explore current OER textbooks and materials, and see how they integrate into Moodle. Zoom Link
April 4, 1 to 2 p.m., Topic TBD
Sharing Teaching Ideas Reading Group
Join your peers for the upcoming meetings to discuss research on different educational issues. This group meets in the Alumni Hall Boardroom to discuss topics of interest. Research articles are posted on Vancko Hall on the Sharing Teaching Ideas Reading Group page. Refreshments are available. Come talk, listen, and learn! Sign up on Bronco Connect
Spring Semester Reading Group Dates
April 6, 4 to 5 p.m. Generation Z with Monica Liddle
Open Hall: Building Campus Connections
Campus connections are key to better teaching, learning, and working. Staff and student retention rely on relationships and a sense of place. Come see where your peers work and all of the amazing resources we have at SUNY Delhi. Increase your Campus IQ and maybe even find ways to collaborate on an upcoming project!
Join us for our next Open Hall in April! More Details on Bronco Connect
Applied Tech Trifecta Open Hall. April (TBD) Meet our staff and see our facilities. Get free resources, try your hand at an electrifying quiz, and tour the three buildings. Refreshments will be provided. There will be giveaways and door prizes. Increase your Campus IQ and learn more about this department's programming, faculty, staff and students.
Check Back. More to Come…Sign up for our events now on Bronco Connect
- Leadership Series
- The Buzz: Online Learning Community
- More Bronco Connect