The objectives of the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs are to: 1) assist faculty and staff in identifying grant opportunities; 2) assist faculty and staff in preparing grant applications and budgets; and 3) assist faculty and staff in post-award management of funded projects.
Note: These policies and procedures apply to the development, submission, and management of the following types of grants:
Pre-Award Grant Development and Submission Policies
1. All grants submitted to a sponsor on behalf of SUNY Delhi must identify a Project Director/Principal Investigator responsible for programmatic and fiscal management of the grant project if funded.
2. When allowable by the grant sponsor, grants submitted on behalf of SUNY Delhi should include funds to support a Project Director/Principal Investigator to manage grant activities.
3. When allowable by the sponsor, grants must include indirect cost recovery at a minimum of 8%. When allowable by the sponsor, grants should include the maximum federally negotiated indirect recovery rate approved for the institution. Contact the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs for more information.
4. Project Directors/Principal Investigators must agree to adhere to post-award procurement and reporting requirements.
5. When consistent with college priorities, the Office of Grants staff may assist faculty and staff in writing grant narratives.
6. The identified Project Director/Principal Investigator must assume overall responsibility for grant application content, including the narrative.
7. Any cost sharing or matching funds requirement associated with a grant proposal must be discussed with the Office of Grants and approved by the CFO and Provost before submittal.
8. In the event that SUNY Delhi administration is interested in pursuing institutional grants that do not fit within a school, program or department, the Office of Grants may be identified as the lead grant writer for such a proposal. However, a Project Director/Principal Investigator must be identified in order to provide proposal development support and post-award management.
Procedures for Grant Development and Submission
Faculty or staff interested in pursuing a grant opportunity must:
1. Complete and submit the Grant Pre-Submission Authorization Form to the appropriate Department Chair/Supervisor and Dean or VP.
2. Obtain authorization to proceed with proposal development from the appropriate Department Chair/Supervisor and Dean or VP and return the Grant Pre-Submission Authorization Form to the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs.
3. Work with the Office of Grants to ensure the proposal adheres to sponsor, SUNY, SUNY RF, and college policies.
4. Obtain approval from the CFO and Provost for any cost sharing/matching funds identified in a proposed grant budget before the proposal is submitted.
5. Obtain approval from the college cabinet during the grant development process before a grant proposal is submitted to a sponsor. Contact the Office of Grants for more information and assistance with approval sign-off scheduling.
166 Bush Hall
Delhi, NY 13753