2015-2016 (Current Fiscal Year) Purchasing Deadlines
1. The last day to send requisitions for fiscal year 2015-2016 (current fiscal year) to the Purchasing Department for processing is Friday, May 6, 2016. In order to submit any requisitions AFTER May 6th you will need prior approval for submission. Requisitions submitted BEFORE the deadline will be greatly appreciated!!
2. Remember, we WILL NOT process requisitions for SERVICES that will take place after July 1, 2016 with funding from this year--these MUST be processed with fiscal year 2016-2017 funding. (Example: Maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc.) If the service BEGINS before July 1, you can submit the requisition for processing with this year’s funding as long as we are paying for it in a lump sum.
3. The only exception to the above-mentioned rule is REGISTRATIONS for conferences that occur after July 1 but must be paid in advance in order to secure a place at the conference.
4. Any services or travel that will occur between May 6th and June 30th should be submitted by MAY 6th with “estimated” pricing if the actual prices are not known. This will enable our department to encumber the funds for you now.
5. Anything that is purchased with 2015-2016 fiscal year funding, must be received by June 30, 2016 and paid for before August 5, 2016, otherwise, the funding will come out of the 2016-2017 fiscal year budgets. We cannot prepay for items/services that are not received by the deadline. The items/services MUST be received by June 30, 2016 in order to make payment.
6. If you have a BLANKET REQUISITION that is still open after the May 6th deadline, please use it before JUNE 30th. All BLANKET REQUISITIONS will be considered complete as of JUNE 30, 2016 and canceled off the system without further notice.
7. Please do not submit any requisitions for the 2016-2017 fiscal year funding (New Year). We will not be able to process any requisitions for the 2016-2017 fiscal year until approximately July 11, 2016. Our systems will be shut down the entire first week of July to make the switch from the old to new fiscal year.
July 11th is only a tentative date, the date we hope we can begin processing new orders for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
Questions should be directed to Cheryl Dietzman at 4501 or email@example.com
(607) 746-4515 (fax)
Purchasing & Accounts Payable
(607) 746-4515 (fax)