Travel Policies and Procedures
At least two (2) weeks prior to travel date:
1. Complete a TRAVEL REQUEST form, including supervisor signature, and submit to the Purchasing/Accounts Payable Office, Bush Hall room 167
- For trips over 50 miles one way, a state car must be requested using the appropriate forms which can be found on the campus website.
- If the vehicle request is denied, you are eligible to receive mileage reimbursement for miles driven using your personal vehicle but a copy of the “denied” Use of Vehicle Form will be required.
- The mileage reimbursement rate effective January 1, 2013 is $0.565 per mile.
- Lodging and meals are payable in accordance with federal per diem rates, which can be obtained through the Accounts Payable Office at X4436 or online here.
- Travel Expense Reimbursement Policy can be found online here detailing reimbursable travel expenses.
2. It is possible to receive a cash advance to be used towards your travel expenses by submitting a completed APPLICATION AND RECORD FOR TRAVEL ADVANCE (AC 2414) form along with the Travel Request form.
- All travel advances are limited to a maximum of $400.
- A check will be issued in your name. You will be notified when the check is ready to be picked up and signed for.
Within 10 days upon returning from your trip:
1. Submit a completed TRAVEL VOUCHER form to the Purchasing/Accounts Payable Office, Bush Hall room 167
- To receive expense reimbursement, original receipts for all costs must be attached to the voucher.
- If you are expecting mileage reimbursement because you used your own vehicle to travel, a completed STATEMENT OF AUTOMOBILE TRAVEL form and a copy of the “denied” Use of Vehicle Form must be attached to the voucher.
- Attach a legible copy of your travel agenda or conference schedule – the agenda should include start and end dates and times of workshops, conferences, etc.
- If a Travel Advance was received, and the voucher total exceeds the advance amount, the advance amount will be deducted from the voucher total before reimbursement is made. If the voucher total is less than the amount of the advance the difference must be returned and a receipt will be issued.
- Unless otherwise noted, voucher reimbursement checks will be mailed to the home address listed on the Travel Voucher.
All forms are available online here or through the Accounts Payable Office located in Bush Hall room 167 or by calling X4436.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Cheryl L. Dietzman
NYS Travel policies
Assistant Manager of Purchasing