Travel Policies and Procedures
A Guide to SUNY Delhi's Travel procedures
At least two (2) weeks prior to travel date:
Complete a Vehicle request through Que-Center and complete a Vehicle Request Form to be transmitted to Ginny Bell in facilities for approval.
Once you have determined if their are any available vehicles, complete a TRAVEL REQUEST form, including supervisor signature, and submit to the Purchasing/Accounts Payable Office, Bush Hall room 167.
- Vehicle requests must be entered in Que-Center, completed with all appropriate approvals, and transmitted to Ginny Bell for approval.
- For trips in which individuals will be seeking mileage reimbursement a state car must be requested.
- If the vehicle request is denied, you are eligible to receive mileage reimbursement for miles driven using your personal vehicle but a copy of the “denied” Use of Vehicle Form and a Mileage Verification Form will be required.
- The mileage reimbursement rate effective January 1, 2016 is $0.54 per mile.
- Lodging and meals are payable in accordance with federal per diem rates, which can be obtained through the Accounts Payable Office at X4500 or online here.
- Should the traveler require lodging monies greater than the allowable per diem rates a completed Request to Exceed Maximum Per Diem Form must be completed prior to travel and approved by the travelers supervisor.
- All overnight travelers must provide their place of lodging with a NYS Tax Exempt Form. (NYS employees do not pay in-state tax of any kind)
- Travel Expense Reimbursement Policy can be found online here detailing reimbursable travel expenses.
- Bring approved Vehicle Request Form to University Police to retrieve your vehicles keys.
- The PIN number located on your vehicle request approval is the PIN to use the Wex Gas Card.
- During travel it is important that the traveler keep receipts for all charges that are associated with their trip including conference fees, gas, lodging, tolls, and any charges incurred on the travelers NYS Travel Card. These receipts must be submitted to Bush Hall Rm 167 timely (within 10 business days) upon completion of travel.
Within 10 days upon returning from your trip:
1. Submit a completed TRAVEL VOUCHER form to the Purchasing/Accounts Payable Office, Bush Hall room 167
- To receive expense reimbursement, original receipts for all costs must be attached to the voucher.
- If you are expecting mileage reimbursement because you used your own vehicle to travel, a completed STATEMENT OF AUTOMOBILE TRAVEL Form and a copy of the “denied” Use of Vehicle Form must be attached to the voucher.
- Attach a legible copy of your travel agenda or conference schedule – the agenda should include start and end dates and times of workshops, conferences, etc.
- Unless otherwise noted, voucher reimbursement checks will be mailed to the home address listed on the Travel Voucher.
All forms are available online here or through the Accounts Payable Office located in Bush Hall room 167 or by calling X4500.
Cheryl L. Dietzman
Online Resources NYS Travel policies
Purchasing & Accounts Payable