Apply as a First-Year Student
You'll apply as a first-year student if this is your first time attending college. Our Admissions Counselors are here to help through every step of the process.
How to Apply
- Complete either the SUNY online application or the Common Application.
Be sure to indicate SUNY Delhi as the school you are interested in attending.
- Submit the $50 non-refundable application fee or request a SUNY application fee waiver.
Information on the Common Application fee waiver can be found at The Common Application Applicant Solutions Center.
- Send all required documentation (listed below) to:
SUNY Delhi Admissions
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753-4454
Required Application Materials
- Official copy of high school transcript - or - Equivalency Exam Scores (GED/TASC students
New York State Students (Must include all NYS Regents scores - if applicable)
- ACT or SAT Scores Required
All first-year bachelor's degree applicants, first-year Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology applicants, and prospective first-year student athletes must submit or include in their application an official copy of their ACT and/or SAT scores.
SUNY Delhi Score Report Codes: ACT: 2916 SAT: 2525
- Students with an educational gap outside of their last year of high school to their first-year of college will need to submit a supplemental information form.
Optional/Recommended Application Materials/Activities
- ACT or SAT Scores Recommended - All remaining associate's degree applicants
(Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology are required to submit SAT and/or ACT scores)
- Optional - Personal Essay, Letters of Recommendation
- Recommended - Attend a Discover Delhi - Open House
Admissions decisions are based on:
- Official High School Transcripts or equivalency scores (First-Year Applicants)
- ACT or SAT Test Scores (Required for all first-year bachelor's degree applicants and
first-year Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology applicants)
SUNY Delhi Score Report Codes: ACT: 2916 SAT: 2525
- Completion of any prerequisites established by the program to which you are applying
- Space availability in the program
Application Plans and Deadlines
With the exception of our on-campus Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology programs, the application process at SUNY Delhi is based on a rolling admission plan wherein we will accept applications until the program has reached its acceptance or enrollment limit. The Admissions staff will start its 2018-19 application review beginning October 1.
Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology Admissions (On-Campus Programs) - Fall Semester Entry Only
Early Action Review Period - First-Year and Transfer
Applications that are complete by December 1, 2018 will be notified of their admission status by December 15, 2018. Students who are not admissible through Early Action will be moved to our Regular Decision review process. Please note: Students will apply through general admission and will not be able to select Early Action or Regular Decision on the SUNY or Common Application.
Regular Decision Period - First-Year and Transfer
Applications that are complete by February 1, 2019 will be notified of their admission status by February 15, 2019. Please note: Students will apply through general admission and will not be able to select Early Action or Regular Decision on the SUNY or Common Application.
Offers of Admission through Early Action and Regular Decision are non-binding and students will have until May 1, 2019 to submit their tuition deposit.
- October 1: Rolling Admissions review will begin.
- October 1: Students may start applying for Financial Aid using FAFSA. (New York students, don't forget to apply for TAP!)
- December 1: Deadline to complete applications for Early Action (On-Campus Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology)
- February 1: Deadline to complete applications for Regular Decision (On-Campus Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology)
- February 15: Preferred deadline to apply for Financial Aid
- May 1: National Decision Day to submit your tuition deposit (First-Year Students)
- April - June (Multiple Dates): All deposited students must attend a Bronco Ready Orientation
Important: All new, on-campus clinical Nursing students must attend a Bronco Ready before June 1, 2019
to fulfill program requirements.
- August 23: Welcome Weekend Begins! (Commuting and Residential Students)
Please note: The dates above apply to students applying and offered admission for the Fall 2019 semester. Students who are offered admission for the Spring 2019 semester will receive a detailed notification of deadlines within their accepted student materials.
Home-schooled students residing in New York State must provide documentation of successful completion of the high school home school program as required by the New York State Department of Education. Home-schooled students residing outside of New York State must provide documentation of successful completion of the high school home school program as required by their state of residence.
This can be done by:
- Providing an official letter of completion of all high school requirements signed by the home district superintendent (or designee).
- New York Residents: Providing the official score report of the TASC (GED Exam).
- Non-New York Residents: Providing the official score report of a High School Equivalency Exam recognized by their state of residence.
Online High School or Correspondence Study Diplomas
New York Residents: The New York State Board of Regents does not recognize high school diplomas completed online or through correspondence study taken as a New York State resident. In turn, SUNY Delhi does not recognize these diplomas for admission consideration.
Out-of-State Residents: High school diplomas completed through online or correspondence study may be considered if the online or correspondence study diploma is recognized by the state in which they reside.