Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Before you start:
- Check out our Financial Aid Tips
- Print our Financial Aid Checklist to keep everything organized
- If you have questions, call our Financial Aid Office at 1-800-963-3544 or 1-607-746-4570. Or visit Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in 157 Bush Hall (we open at 9:30 a.m. on Thursdays)
- Keep them in a safe place. You'll need them throughout the financial aid process.
- You have to file for FAFSA each year that you are enrolled, and you will use the same FSA IDs each time.
File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using that FSA ID. The FAFSA serves as the basis for most financial aid available
at SUNY Delhi. We recommend you file as soon as possible after January 1.
When prompted, list SUNY Delhi on your FAFSA using the federal school code 002857.
To qualify for campus-based student aid (aid that's awarded from limited pools of funding at SUNY Delhi each year), we recommend filing by February 15. Applications filed after that will still be processed, but your chances of receiving all possible campus-based funds may be diminished.
Start here: http://fafsa.ed.gov
- For a little extra guidance, watch this video: “7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA”
- NOTE: About one-third of FAFSA applications are selected for verification. That will mean submitting some extra documents, which SUNY Delhi will request.
Filing the FAFSA online is recommended and speeds the aid process. But if you want,
you can request a paper application by calling 1-800-4FEDAID. We do not have paper
applications at SUNY Delhi.
Apply for state aid
If you're a New York State resident, you can apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) at https://www.tapweb.org after you've filed your FAFSA. This should be done within two to three days of filing the FAFSA, if not immediately afterward. You'll see a link to the TAP application on the FAFSA submission confirmation page.
You'll need one of the following SUNY Delhi TAP codes:
- 3020 for certificate and associate's degree programs
- 6020 for bachelor's degree programs
Once your application has been processed you'll receive a TAP/State Scholarship Award Notice. If additional information is needed to process your TAP award, you'll receive a Request for Information from the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC). Be sure to respond to this request immediately to avoid processing delays.
See what financial aid you qualify for.
- Activate your SUNY Delhi email account.
- Make sure you have your student 800 number (or Social Security number) and student PIN at the ready. You should have received both in your acceptance letter.
- You'll receive instructions via email for how to access your FAFSA Award Notification, which tells you what you've qualified for, within two days of filing your FAFSA. BroncoWeb allows you to review, accept, decline and adjust your SUNY Delhi financial aid award package. You do not have to simply accept all of what is offered to you. Learn more about accepting or declining your award.
- Check this email regularly, as the Financial Aid Office will use it to follow up on applications, send forms and request additional documents. It's important that you reply promptly. You don't want to miss out on financial aid opportunities because you forgot to check your email.
- You can also check the status of your TAP awards at http://hesc.ny.gov.
Your financial aid depends on maintaining certain academic standards. Know what's expected of you and keep track of your progress to avoid falling behind and risking your financial advantage.