Lifeguard Review Class is at SUNY Delhi April 25 and 26. It starts at noon on Saturday April 25, Cost TBA.
Waterfront Lifeguard Training at SUNY Delhi
DATE: March 18, 2015 – May 6, 2015 (Mondays and Wednesdays.)
Dates: 3/18, 23,25, 4/13,15, 20, 22, 27,29, 5/4,6
TIME: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM! Some Exceptions, SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
(RED CROSS) Includes: Waterfront Lifeguarding Training, AED, First Aid, & CPR-FPR.
ATTENDANCE AT ALL SESSIONS FOR THE CLASS IS MANDATORY: NO EXCEPTIONS
• Minimum age of 15
• Swim 550 yard continuously: 200 front crawl, 200 Breaststroke &150 either
• Starting in the shallow water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10lb object, return to surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute 40 seconds
• Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4-7 feet of water, resurface and swim 5 yards to the side of the pool
• Tread water for 2 minutes - legs only
Class size limited - NOTE: CLASS MINIMUM OF SIX.
• Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
• Demonstrate competency in the three final skill scenarios
• Correctly answer at least 80% on all the written tests
($270 SUBJECT TO CHANGE) PAYABLE TO SUNY DELHI POOL. A $45.00 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED AT REGISTRATION. THE REMAINDER OF THE FEE IS DUE THE SECOND DAY OF CLASS. COURSE OUTLINES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE POOL.
Phone number (607)-746-4263
Information on new Waterfront Lifeguarding (Red Cross)
+DEC State Lifeguard Test - Sunday May 3, 2015 at 8 am to 12:00 noon.