Head Coach: Robb Munro (3rd Year)
Men's and Women's Cross Country
Men's and Women's Track and Field
- University of New England '06 - M.S. Education
- University of Delaware '01 - B.A. History Education
- USATF Level II Certification for Endurance Events
At SUNY Delhi:
Coach Munro enters his third year at the head of the cross country and track and field programs with what appears to be a great season ahead. In the last two years of cross country, the SUNY Delhi men have won a conference title, two regional titles and placed third at the National Championships twice. The women have been runners-up in the conference and the region two years in a row and also placed third at the National Championships in 2013. Four athletes have earned All-American in cross country under Munro and five have been Academic All-American.
On the track the teams have fared even better. After a disappointing finish for both men and women at the regional and national meets in Munro's first year, both programs took off. The men and women swept the regional titles in 2014. Then the women went on to win the National Championship, the 20th National Title in SUNY Delhi Athletics history, and the men were National Runners-up, just seven points behind the winners. The season produced five individual national champions and 13 athletes earned All-American.
Since Munro has taken over the programs, SUNY Delhi has had six individual national champions, 20 All-Americans and one national team championship.
Prior to SUNY Delhi:
Coach Munro spent eleven years teaching at Bainbridge-Guilford Middle/High School in Bainbridge, NY. While there he coached primarily the BGA Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field Teams, but also coached athletes in Harpursville and Greene. Athletes under Munro's guidance:
- Established eight NYSPHSAA Section IV Records
- Earned NYSPHSAA or NYS Federation medals 57 times
- Qualified for a National Championship 27 times
- Earned 5 All-American Honors (1 XC, 2 Indoor, 2 Outdoor)
- Won one Northeast Regional Cross Country Championship (2010)
- Set one New York State Record in the 2,000 meters (US#2AT)
From 2005-2012, Munro's teams have won:
- Seven boy's conference titles
- Six boy's conference relay titles
- Six girl's conference titles
- Seven girl's conference relay titles
- Two sectional team titles (girls-2007, boys 2010)
Athletic Accomplishments and Honors:
Munro was a New York State Class C/D Champion and All-American in the steeplechase for Sidney High School. He went on to earn 11 total varsity letters in cross country, indoor and outdoor track and field at Virginia Tech (1996-1997) and the University of Delaware (1998-2001). At the time the men's programs at UD were discontinued, Munro was still a member of the school record 4x1500 meter relay record setting team and ranked fourth all time in the steeplechase (9:14).
Munro lives in Masonville, NY with his wife Stephanie, his son Liam and his dog Marcy.