Parent & Family Newsletter ~ End of the Semester, Fall 2018
- SPRING 2019 CLASS SCHEDULES - Students should have already met with their advisors to develop their spring class schedules and pick up their registration PIN.
- SERVICE-LEARNING COURSES - These particular classes (found by searching the course catalog) combine classroom instruction and community service. Students are active participants in the learning process and apply their education to solve real-life problems.
- JANUARY TERM - Several classes are being offered from December 17, 2018 - January 11, 2019. This
is a great way for students to earn additional credits. Please note, taking these
classes may reduce spring financial aid.
Athletic Pop-Up Shops
SUNY Delhi Athletic Team Appeal Shops are now live from the Barnes & Nobles Bookstore, open until Friday, November 18. Check out the offerings and share the links with friends and family members. Reach out to the Bookstore with questions at 607-746-4760.
- All Residence Halls close at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, November 21.
- There are no classes on Thursday, November 22 & Friday, November 23.
- All Residence Halls open at 12 noon on Sunday, November 25, for all students to return.
- Classes resume on Monday, November 26.
Will your student be on campus Wednesday morning, November 21? CADI provides a Boxed Breakfast that students sign up for through BroncoCONNECT. Questions? Call Hannah, MacDonald Dining Center Manager, at 607-746-4773.
Is your student traveling on the Trailways Bus? Buy tickets at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore, in Farrell Center. There is a bus stop located on campus (near Sanford Hall), and in town (on Kingston Street). Let Barnes & Noble employees help your student be at the right place at the right time!
Congratulations to the parents and families of December Graduates! The Commencement Ceremony takes place on Friday, December 14.
Support Services (A few of the many!)
- Resnick Academic Achievement Center
We are committed to supporting students to reach their goal of academic success. Open to all students, the Center provides a multitude of offices from academic advising to math and writing help, and offers in person and online tutoring assistance.
- Access & Equity Services
We strive to establish equitable access for all students to be successful. Academic or activity adjustments will be made based on individual case review.
- Counseling Services
Is your student struggling? Does your student need someone to talk to? The Foreman Hall staff are here for your student. Encourage them to seek help if needed.
- The MOSAIC Multicultural Center has been operational since the beginning of the semester. The recent ribbon cutting
makes the spaces officially open to the campus.
- Student Spotlight: Ryan Florack '18 - Going Pro: Delhi Connections Leader to Dream Job.
- Kudos to SUNY Delhi for being recognized in the Best & Most Affordable Online Degree Rankings.
Upcoming Important Dates
Wednesday, November 21 - Sunday, November 25: Thanksgiving Break
Monday, November 26: Classes resume
Monday, December 10 - Friday, December 14: Final Week of Classes
Friday, December 14: Commencement
Saturday, December 15: All Residence Halls Close at 10 a.m.
Monday, December 17: J-Term Classes Begin
Saturday, January 19 - Sunday, January 20: January Orientation
Monday, January 21: Classes Begin