SUNY Delhi offers specially designed Living and Learning Environments designed to support student success and enhance the residential and academic experience of each student. Research has demonstrated that students benefit both academically and socially from these intentionally structured learning communities. Both living and learning communities listed below have a number of common ingredients:
- Students are grouped by major.
- Located in sections of DuBois Hall.
- Upperclass students are selected to serve as peer mentors and are assigned to each residential area to provide tutoring and resource assistance.
- Each community has faculty mentors assigned to the community who provide supplemental advising and individualized assistance.
- Special programs, workshops, and activities are sponsored in each residential community.
- Each community has a resource room with at least one computer, study area and study materials.
The following Living Learning Environment communities are available:
This community for primarily first-year veterinary science majors, with limited space for returning students, comprises three floors in DuBois Hall. Students also enroll in the popular, one-credit Freshman Seminar course, which provides an extended orientation and assists with adjustment to college life and campus.