O'Connor Hall is a four-story residence hall with a large main lounge area. The architecture of the building is similar to Murphy Hall. O'Connor Hall is popular for many reasons, with a large fireplace (which students may use) and close proximity to student parking and MacDonald Hall. A big screen TV, apool table, a ping pong table, foosball and vending machines are also located on the first floor directly under the main lounge.
O'Connor Hall Facts
- The name of the building is from a local family that has been very generous in their support of SUNY Delhi. The same family runs the "O'Connor Foundation," which is a philanthropic endowment that benefits the residents of Delaware County, NY.
- Each floor in the building has its own laundry room and study lounge.
- O' Connor Hall has a specially designed classroom for workshops, classes, and computer use.
- O'Connor Hall recently had a new "home theater" system constructed in the basement lounge with stadium-style seating, a new big screen TV, and surround sound.
- New room windows were installed in O'Connor Hall during the summer of 2003.
- Bathrooms were renovated during the summer of 2007. The elevator was renovated and new doors installed on students rooms that same summer.