Welcome to the Resnick Library's Virtual Face!
As online students & faculty, you will most likely never see the Resnick Library Building or meet the library staff in person. However, the Resnick Library has worked hard to provide a welcoming online environment to find your resources, get research help, and facilitate learning online. The following online services are available to all SUNY Delhi students and faculty:
Resnick Library Web Page
http://www.delhi.edu/library OR from the Delhi Home Page, click on the "Academics" tab, and then click on "Library"
The web page features 24/7 access to library resources and services. Read on to see the specifics of what we can provide for you:
- Research help with a Live Librarian: We provide the ability to chat with a librarian any time of day! During the library's building hours, a SUNY Delhi librarian is always logged onto AIM with the buddy name "resnicklibrary", and also logged into the chat box on all of the library's pages. After hours, the library's Ask Us 24/7 chat is available; you won't be chatting with a librarian from SUNY Delhi, but you will be chatting with an academic librarian from somewhere around the world.
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery: By clicking on the link for ILLiad (our Interlibrary Loan service) you can request materials that may not have been available at the Resnick Library. Also, if you find an item available in print at the Resnick Library, contact a SUNY Delhi librarian, and we can scan a copy of the item and email it to you!
- Approximately 35,000 online journal titles are provided through about 30 databases. To access these from off-campus, all that is needed to authenticate you is your 800# found on your SUNY Delhi card. All of these databases are accessible under the "Find Articles" link in the grey navigation menu.
- Thousands of e-books (electronic books) that are provided either through databases or publicly linked websites. All of the e-books are available under the "Find Books" link in the grey navigation menu.
- Citation guides for MLA and APA formats are provided through SUNY Delhi's quick guides, as well as web links to other citation guides. There are even links to citation generators, and guidelines about copyright and plagiarism. These can be found under the "Cite Your Sources" link in the grey navigation menu.
- Web links to public and subscribed resources you may not have thought about. This includes links to dictionaries, converters, statistics, social searching, and more! These web links are all available under the "Find Websites" link in the grey navigation menu.
Resnick Library on Vancko Hall
https://vanckohall2.delhi.edu/course/view.php?id=1751 OR from the Vancko Hall Home Page or any class page, under the "Help" box, click on "Library"
The Resnick Library on Vancko Hall features quick links to the library web page and all of it's resources (books, databases, webpages), the live chat box and Ask Us 24/7 link to interact with librarians, tutorials and guides for research, and forums to post questions/discuss library resources. It is designed to be a place to collaborate with librarians and peers to discover and exchange new information, methodologies, and resources in the world of research. You must have a valid SUNY Delhi 800# and pin to log into Vancko Hall.
To view a list of our FAQ's, click here: http://www.delhi.edu/library/faqs.php OR from the Resnick Library Web Pages click on the "Ask A Librarian" link in the grey menu. The FAQ's contains information about the collections and information on electronic login requirements for different library services.
Bush Hall, SUNY Delhi
Delhi, NY 13753
Text questions to:
Ask Us 24/7: Get 24/7 help from a live librarian (may not be a local SUNY Delhi librarian)