2016-2017 (Current Fiscal Year) Purchasing Deadlines
- The last day to send requisitions for fiscal year 2016-2017 (current fiscal year) to the Purchasing Department for processing is Friday, May 5, 2017. In order to submit any requisitions after May 5, you will need prior approval for submission. Requisitions submitted before the deadline will be greatly appreciated!
- Remember, we will not process requisitions for services that will take place after July 1, 2017 with funding from this year--these must be processed with fiscal year 2017-2018 funding. (Example: Maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc.) If the service begins before July 1, you can submit the requisition for processing with this year's funding as long as we are paying for it in a lump sum.
- The only exception to the above-mentioned rule is registrations for conferences that occur after July 1 but must be paid in advance in order to secure a place at the conference.
- Any services or travel that will occur between May 5 and June 30 should be submitted by May 5 with “estimated” pricing if the actual prices are not known. This will enable our department to encumber the funds for you now.
- Anything that is purchased with 2016-2017 fiscal year funding must be received by June 30, 2017 and paid for before August 4, 2017, otherwise the funding will come out of the 2017-2018 fiscal year budget. We cannot prepay for items/services that are not received by the deadline. The items/services must be received by June 30, 2017 in order to make payment.
- If you have a blanket requisition that is still open after the May 5 deadline, please use it before June 30. All blanket requisitions will be considered complete as of June 30, 2017 and canceled off the system without further notice.
- Please feel free to submit 2017-2018 blanket requisitions at your convenience but note that we will not be able to process any requisitions for the 2017-2018 fiscal year until approximately July 10, 2017. Our systems will be shut down the entire first week of July to make the switch from the old to new fiscal year.
July 10 is only a tentative date, the date we hope we can begin processing new orders for the 2017-2018 fiscal year.
Questions should be directed to Cheryl Dietzman at 607-746-4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, we appreciate your cooperation!