The Individual Development Awards Program has the following eligibility requirements:
- Full-time or part-time employees who are members of United University Professionals (UUP).
- Full-time employees must be in the bargaining unit at the time of the award and during the dates of the project or activity. Part-time employees who meet the eligibility tests for 26 weeks coverage for health benefits, and are eligible for health benefits during the summer, will also be eligible for funding for a project or activity that occurs during the summer whether or not they are on the payroll.
- The proposed project or activity must:
- Enable the employee to meet one or more of the criteria specified in the following SUNY Policies of Board of Trustees: Title A. Evaluation of Academic Employees, §4. Criteria (a) - (e); Title B. Promotion of Academic Employees, §2. Criteria (a) - (e); or Title C. Evaluation and Promotion of Professional Employees, §5. Criteria (a) - (e), of Article XII Evaluation and Promotion of Academic and Professional Employees, of the Policies of the Board of Trustees.
- Meet particular areas of interest or activities within the categories eligible for support as identified by the Campus Professional Development Committee.
- Projects or activities must fall within the following categories:
- Basic, applied, or historical research.
- Curriculum or instructional material development.
- Workshop, seminar, internship, or course work not covered by Article 46, Program for Tuition Assistance or SUNY tuition waiver.
- Conference participation or attendance.
- Preparation of material for publication.
- Grant proposal development.
- Artistic or creative endeavors.
- Other work-related professional development projects or activities.