Opt-Out Program & NYSHIP Health Insurance Option Transfer Period -
Through December 15, 2017
- If you are currently enrolled in the Opt-Out Program and want to keep this benefit in 2018 you must resubmit all of your documents and complete a PS 404 (pdf) and PS 409 (pdf).
- The Optional Transfer Period (pdf) (AKA Open Enrollment) is for employees who wish to make changes to their health, dental and/or vision coverage for the 2018 plan year during . Please note supporting documentation will be required for any changes to coverage. Examples of supporting documentation include birth certificates, social security cards, letters regarding other health coverage, marriage license and divorce decree. To make changes to your medical insurance coverage, employees must complete a PS 404 (pdf). To make changes to your dental and vision coverage, select the appropriate bargaining unit form below. Additional forms such as student verification, domestic partner, health claim, and flex spending reimbursement can be found on the Human Resources’ webpage. Completed forms should be submitted to the Office of Human Resources Office, Bush Hall, Room 103 by the close of business December 15, 2017. Please contact Ruth Ehrets at ext. 4498 for questions.
- UUP Change In Status Form (pdf)
- CSEA Universal Enrollment Form (pdf)
- NYSCOPBA, M/C and APSU/PBA: PS 404 (pdf)
2018 NYSHIP Health Insurance Rates and Information
The NYSHIP Health Insurance Rates and additional information is now available for the new plan year, 2018:
- View benefit summaries by bargaining unit: M/C (pdf), CSEA (pdf), UUP (FT) (pdf), UUP (PT) (pdf), APSU/PBA (pdf) and NYSCOPBA (pdf)
- NYSHIP Rates and Deadlines (pdf): The employee portion of health insurance premiums will change for the upcoming plan year
- Health Insurance Choices (pdf): definitions of Qualifying Events for mid-year changes to health insurance coverage, plan comparison tools and much more
- For Retirees: Health Insurance Choices (pdf)
- Visit online links to in-network medical, dental and vision providers (pdf)
- Programs within The Empire Plan (pdf): UnitedHealthcare, BlueCross BlueShield, Beacon Health Options, CVS/Caremark and Empire Plan Nurseline
- View the Flexible Formulary Drug List (pdf), for specific medicine coverage and copay, call 1-877-7-NYSHIP
NYSHIP Health Insurance Online Services
NYSHIP Online has been designed and structured to provide you with more targeted information about your NYSHIP benefits. Use this flyer as a guide to navigate the site (pdf). To access NYSHIP Online, visit the New York State Department of Civil Service web site. First, click on the Employees tab, then State Government Employees, select New York State Health Insurance Program and click Continue.
2018 Retirement Plan Limits, COLA and Required Availability Notice
The Internal Revenue Service has announced Cost Of Living Adjustments (pdf) (COLA) affecting dollar limitations for pension plans and other retirement-related items for the 2018 tax year. SUNY is also required to notify all employees on an annual basis of the availability to participate in a 403(b) tax-deferred savings plan. Please view SUNY’s Universal Availability Notice (pdf) which provides information and links to NYS Deferred Compensation and SUNY 403(b) Voluntary Saving Plans. It is recommended that new enrollees and current enrollees making changes to active retirement plans submit changes prior to December, so that deductions can be taken at the beginning of 2018.
SUNY has created a new online retirement system called Retirement@work® this new online system centralizes retirement plan benefits and investment providers and will allow employees to manage the retirement programs listed below. Employees who already have accounts with VOYA, TIAA, Valic or Fidelity will need to create an account to “manage” their investments. Information sessions are forthcoming. Stay tuned to Delhi Today for details. View the enrollment guides listed below for more information:
- Create a new SUNY 403(b) Voluntary Saving Program (pdf)
- Participant Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
- Make Changes to your existing SUNY Voluntary Savings and/or ORP Accounts (pdf):
For New Employees Only:
- Optional Retirement Program (ORP) (pdf)
- NYS Teachers (TRS), Employee (ERS) and Police & Fire (PFRS) Retirement Systems (pdf)
Call 866-271-0960 Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., and Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. for assistance.
Extraordinary Weather Conditions
Now that the colder temperatures are here we are prompted to provide information to the college community regarding campus closings.
SUNY Delhi, as with other State agencies, can only be “closed” by the Governor. Local government officials, police and radio and television stations and campus officials do not have authority to close State offices or facilities. If weather conditions warrant, the President of the College, or his designee, may decide to cancel classes. The following media will also be notified about conditions that affect the normal operations:
- Radio Stations: WDHI (100.3 FM), WDLA (92.1 FM/1270 AM), WDOS (730 AM) and WSRK (103.9 FM), and WIOX (91.3 FM)
- Television Stations: Albany (CBS Channel 6), Binghamton (CBS Channel 12)
- Information on the status of campus operations is also available on www.delhi.edu
- Members of the campus community who have signed up for RAVE will also directly receive a notification if classes are canceled or delayed
On the rare occasion when a faculty member may need cancel an individual class, the faculty member will need to notify their Dean and school secretary by phone (or voicemail), and also email their Dean, school secretary, PD, and students.
SUNY Perks Holiday Savings Fair
SUNY Perks is holding its 6th Annual Holiday Savings Fair, from November 24 through December 31. Additionally, there will be an Early Access Event through November 10. The Holiday Fair features a series of three-day-windows that are the best times for employees to shop for electronics, toys, apparel, etc., at the best possible prices with program merchants. Detailed information is provided in the Holiday Flyer (pdf) and the Holiday Savings Calendar (pdf).
SUNY Retirees Newsletters
The SUNY Retirees Newsletter is published and distributed electronically SUNY system-wide twice yearly by the SUNY Retirees Service Corps (RSC). Retirees with story ideas or a desire to be added to the electronic distribution list should send an email to email@example.com. View the Fall/Winter 2017 issue (pdf) and visit the Retirees Service Corps for additional information.
New York State and CSEA Partnership for Education and Training
The New York State and CSEA Partnership for Education and Training is pleased to announce the 2017-2018 tuition benefits program. Eligible CSEA employees are eligible for two tuition vouchers or tuition reimbursements. Courses include: Information Technology, Welding, Nursing and Commercial Drivers License (CDL). A complete list of courses is available. Educational Advisement Services are available to CSEA represented employees by calling 518-486-7814 or 800-253-4332. For further information, visit NYS and CSEA Partnership, call 800-253-4332, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY Delhi Employment Opportunities
If you are looking for a career change, are interested in teaching a course or have friends or family interested in working with us, please visit and share within your social networks our Employment Opportunities webpage:
- Internal Career Development: The college recognizes the need for providing promotional opportunities for current employees and will give first consideration to internal candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and apply within 10 days of the Delhi Today vacancy notice. Please view the Internal Promotion Policy (pdf) for complete details.
- Adjunct Instructors: The college continuously welcomes applications for adjunct instructors in the Schools of Liberal Arts & Sciences; Business & Hospitality Management; Veterinary & Applied Sciences and Nursing (clinical instructors). When applying to a specific School, please note that candidates are contacted only when there is a need for additional instructors and if candidate qualifications and experience are aligned with course needs.
- Future Employment Opportunities: new positions are posted almost every week, so please check back frequently or subscribe to receive daily or weekly job alerts. To sign up, visit www.delhi.edu/jobs, select any job title in each category in which you are interested in receiving alerts (Faculty, Staff, CADI etc.), click the yellow bell in the “Apply Now” box, and enter your email.
NYS Teachers Retirement System (NYSTRS) Pension & Retirement Education Program (PREP) Seminars & One-On-One Consultations
NYSTRS has developed free PREP seminars for NYSTRS members of all ages. These seminars are held throughout the year and across the state; view the PREP Schedule of dates & locations. To make a reservation online, log in to your MyNYSTRS account, or create one today at NYSRTS.org or call 800-348-7298 ext. 6180. Seminars often fill up quickly, so make your appointment early! Visit NYSTRS.org Pension & Retirement Education page for more info. TRS members may also choose to attend a one-on-one consultation; view the Summer 2017 Schedule.
New York State and CSEA Partnership for Education and Training (Partnership)
The Partnership is pleased to announce the 2017 Summer Webinar Series. Webinars allow CSEA-represented New York State employees the opportunity to learn from the convenience of their office or home. Webinar course titles include: Professionalism in the Digital Age; Addressing Conflict in Customer Relations; Getting Organized: Time, Tasks and Life; Merit System: Examinations and Eligible Lists; Understanding Today’s Computer; and Using the Tuition Benefits Program. For a complete list of all courses, visit Summer Webinars webpage. Supervisors, please share these opportunities with your team and encourage employees to enhance their job skills and help meet the goals of the campus and your department. For more information about these and other programs, visit NYS & CSEA Partnership. Employees should apply as soon as possible as space in these statewide programs is limited. Employees can apply by submitting an application (pdf) OR by registering through the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) https://nyslearn.ny.gov. For more information, contact the CSEA Partnership at 518-486-7814 or email@example.com.
The Partnership is pleased to announce two new online learning certificate programs for CSEA-represented New York State employees: The Microsoft Word 2013 Certificate Program is a learning opportunity for employees who are looking to enhance their knowledge and develop their skills in the Microsoft Word 2013 application. Applications are due January 22, 2018. In order to earn a certificate, participants must successfully complete all required courses by January 23, 2018. Space is limited; apply as soon as possible to reserve your seat. For more information please contact the Partnership directly at 518-486-7814, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit them online at www.nyscseapartnership.org.
SUNY Retirees Newsletters
NYS UUP Joint Labor-Management Committees - Empire Knowledgebank
The New York State/United University Professions Joint Labor-Management Committee (NYS/UUP JLMC) is pleased to announce the Empire Knowledgebank (EKB) eLearning Program for UUP-represented employees. Employees who apply to the EKB Program can access thousands of eLearning courses, eBooks and short course videos to enhance their professional and career development, for certification preparation and continuing education in a variety of areas. Licenses will be issued to applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Employees seeking permission to use the EKB eLearning Program during normal business hours for job or career-related courses must request prior supervisor approval. UUP employees interested in using the EKB must complete an application (pdf) and submit it to the NYS/UUP JLMC. For more information please see EKB Program Guidelines (pdf), visit NYS/UUP JLMC on the web, OR contact a program representative directly at 518-486-4666 or at email@example.com.
Online Services Available: NYS Payroll Online!
- Opt out of receiving paper paystubs/statements
- Access the full description of NYS Payroll Online (pdf) Services
- View the NYS Payroll Online Training Guide
- Log in to the SUNY HR Portal
2017 Health Insurance Information:
- NYSHIP Rates & Deadlines (pdf)
- Health Insurances "Choices" (pdf) Booklet
- Flexible Formulary Drug List (pdf)
- Empire on the Road (pdf): connect to detailed information regarding your coverage while on the road
- NYSHIP Certificate of Insurance
- NYSHIP Online
- Contact Information (pdf) for programs within Empire: UnitedHealthCare, BlueCross BlueShield, Beacon Health Options, CVS/Caremark and Empire Plan Nurseline
- Preventative Care Services (pdf)
- Center for Excellence Programs: Infertility, cancer and transplant
Long Term Care Insurance Plan
(NYPERL) New York State Public Employee and Retiree Long Term Care Insurance Plans are currently not available for new or current employees looking to enroll in long term care coverage. For individuals who are currently enrolled in NYPERL and have questions about their policy, please contact MedAmerica directly at 800-544-0327. For individuals seeking long term care insurance contact the New York State Partnership for Long Term Care (NYSPLTC) at 866-950-7526 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit New York State Partnership for Long Term Care Program online.
NYS Department of Civil Service – Examination Schedules
Open-competitive examinations are open to an individual who meets the minimum qualifications specified on an examination announcement; view the tentative exam schedule, the scheduled exams and sign up for email alerts when new examination announcements are issued. Promotion and Transition examinations are open to all qualified state employees; view the tentative exam schedule, the scheduled exams and sign up for email alerts when new examination announcements are issued. Visit the NYS Department of Civil Service for additional information.
NYS Teachers Retirement System Prep
NYSTRS has developed pension and retirement education seminars for all TRS members. To make a reservation online, log into your MyNYSTRS account, or create one today at NYSRTS.org or call 800-348-7298 ext. 6180. Seminars often fill up quickly, so make your appointment early! Visit NYSTRS.org Pension & Retirement Education page for more info.
Leaves of Absence & FMLA Information for Employees
In an effort to recognize the need of employees who require time away from work for personal reasons, employees must submit a request for a leave of absence with the understanding that not all requests are granted. To begin the process, complete the Request for Leave of Absence (pdf) found on the Human Resources Forms page. Types of leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) are to care for your own serious illness (pdf), a family member’s serious health condition (pdf), a military family member’s injury/illness (pdf) or qualifying military exigencies (pdf). Please review NEW Employee Rights and Responsibilities under FMLA (pdf) and note that supporting documentation may be required. For more information, contact the Human Resources Office, 607-746-4495.
Time Off for Breast Cancer Screenings
Employees are allowed to take up to four hours of paid leave annually for physical exams and mammograms for the detection of breast cancer and prostate cancer without charge to leave credits. Absence beyond the four-hour cap must be charged to leave credits. Employees are entitled to a leave of absence for breast cancer screenings scheduled during the employees’ regular work hours. Employees who undergo screenings outside their regular work schedule do so on their own time. For example, employees are not granted compensatory time off for breast or prostate cancer screenings that occur on a pass day or a holiday. Employees must indicate Breast Cancer Screening or Prostate Cancer Screening on their time sheet when using this leave, and attach appropriate medical documentation to support the absence. Visit the U.S. Food & Drug Administration website for information about mammography facilities.
Whether you are planning on retiring soon or thinking ahead to the distant future, NYS Work-Life Services has a variety of resources to assist you: Self-Help Guide, Retirement Checklist (pdf), Videos, Seminars and more information about Work Life Services. Additional resources include: Pension benefits calculator (for ERS & PFRS members) and Pension & Retirement Education Program (TRS members), SUNY planning tools and Asset checklist (pdf).
CSEA Tuition Benefits Program
The Tuition Benefits Program provides educational benefits to CSEA-represented NYS employees, enabling them to achieve greater career mobility, qualify for promotional opportunities, improve job skills, and prepare for future state workforce needs. For more info, visit NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education & Training, download the application (pdf) and visit benefit programs below:
- Tuition Voucher via Participating School
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Credit-by-Examination Fee Reimbursement
- Certification and Licensure Examination Fee Reimbursement
SUNY Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS)
The SLMS has been updated providing SUNY better access to training information available to all SUNY employees; visit this page for instructions on how to access the Statewide Learning Management System (pdf). Courses and Certificate programs within the SLMS include supervision/management, Microsoft Office, Information Technology, leadership, Empire Knowledge Bank (customer service), business & finance, CSEA Partnerships, general workplace skills, conflict resolution and mediation, and a variety of other professional development courses in several formats such as: online, instructor led, self-instruction, pod/web casts and video conference.
Pension and Annuity Income FAQs & Exclusions
Check out the commonly asked questions & summary (pdf) of the various NYS retirement/pension tax exemption options, including reference to the SUNY ORP and 403(b) distribution.
NYS Deferred Compensation & SUNY Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity
Did you know that you can contribute up to the maximum in both your 403(b) SUNY Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity and your New York State Deferred Compensation Plan account? Details are provided in t he plan comparison chart (pdf). To learn more or enroll, check out 403(b) SUNY Tax Deferred Annuity (pdf), New York State Deferred Compensation Plan and the SUNY Voluntary Savings Plan websites.
CSEA Accidental Death Benefit
CSEA is now offering a $5,000 Accidental Death Benefit at no cost to all active employed members. There is no application to fill out, and no premiums to pay. Download your $5,000 insurance certificate and beneficiary form by logging into your CSEA account online at CSEA Employee Benefit Fund. To assign a beneficiary, mail a completed hard copy of the form to:
ATTN: Insurance Dept.
143 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12210
NYS Free Smoking Cessation Program
NYS offers free resources to help you quit smoking regardless of insurance status. Your Stop Smoking Medication Discount Card is available through the New York State Smokers' Quitline. You may also qualify for free nicotine replacement therapies such as nicotine patches. To learn more info, visit the New York State Smokers' Quitline, and download the Refer-To-Quit form (pdf), for more information call 1-866-NY-QUITS (1-866-697-8487).
Pension & Retirement Education Program (PREP) for TRS
NYS TRS has created several PREP seminars to educate members in financial planning, social security, estate planning and all things retirement. The seminars are free and your spouse/companion is also invited to attend. Reservations are required, visit NYSTRS.org (using your NYS TRS account), then see the “My Tools” tab OR call 800-348-7298 ext. 6180 weekdays from 8:30am to 4:15pm. To view the seminar locations and for more information please visit the New York State Pension & Retirement Education Program page.
NYS TRS Retirement Benefits Consultations
NYS TRS has developed both in-person and video consultation sites where you can learn about NYS TRS benefits, review your benefit options at retirement and receive personalized benefits' estimates. Albany and video consolations are offered year round; in the video sessions you get to “meet” an expert using a webcam. To view the video and in-person sites, visit New York State's Benefits Consultation page. To schedule a consultation, visit NYSTRS.org (using your NYS TRS account) OR call 800-348-7298 ext. 6100.
Interactive Retirement Planner
NYS Deferred Compensation Plan parented with Nationwide to develop the “On Your Side Interactive Retirement Planner." In less than ten minutes you can set a retirement goal and get suggestions to improve your retirement outlook. Visit My Interactive Retirement Planner to find out more by My Interactive Retirement Planner.
Fidelity Wellness Series & Dedicated Phone line just for SUNY Employees
Fidelity has created several workshops designed to help you understand the financial and personal risks you may face and how to put a plan in place to prepare for living in retirement. Visit this page for more information about the Thrive Series (pdf). Now contacting Fidelity is easier than ever! To learn about the SUNY ORP and 403(b) plans, simply dial 844-FOR-SUNY (844-367-7869) to reach a Fidelity Retirement Representative. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to midnight (EST).
Injured on the job? Call the Accident Reporting System (ARS)
Each injured employee & student worker injury must:
- call the ARS 1-888-800-0029, you will need to know:
- our Workers' Compensation carrier is the NYS Insurance Fund
Glendale Tech Park Building 16, 2001 East Perimeter Road, East Endicott, NY 13760-7390 Phone 888-875-5790 fax 607-741-3985
- our participating prescription service is CVS Caremark 1-866-493-1640
- our Workers' Compensation carrier is the NYS Insurance Fund
- complete the Employee Accident & Investigation Report
- provide report to your supervisor for their signature
- send completed report to Human Resources, Bush Hall
Please see revised versions of the accident & injury reporting forms below.
- Employee Accident & Investigation Report (pdf): for all faculty, staff & student workers injured while on SUNY Delhi property and/or while working
- Student/Public Accident or Injury Report (pdf): for students and members of the public injured while on SUNY Delhi property
- Thinking about Retirement? After you retire, NYS starts calculating the amount of your final retirement benefit. This means you won't receive your full pension right away. For the first few months of your retirement, your first payments will be advance payments - but what are they? Visit New York Retirement News Advice on Advance Payments New York Retirement News Advice on Advance Payments to find out.
- Planning for Retirement: Health Insurance & Related Benefits
- The Social Security Administration has developed several online tools to help you plan for the future: Estimate Your Retirement Benefits & check out other Benefit Calculators.
Do you or does someone in your family need help with:
- Alcohol or drug issues
- Budgeting & finances
- Health/mental health concerns
- Problem gambling
NYS Work-Life Services can help, for more details, visit New York State Work-Life Services.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
As you are aware, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law March 2010. One of the ACA requirements for employers is to inform employees of their coverage options, including the availability of coverage through the health insurance marketplace.
The New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage document satisfies this government requirement and provides some basic information about the new marketplace and employment based health coverage offered by the State of New York (NYS). Because NYS offers a significant contribution to a high quality health plan for eligible employees, you will not be eligible for a subsidy from the government to purchase health insurance in the marketplace unless you are not eligible for coverage under a NYS plan. Health plan coverage offered by NYS meets the minimum value requirement. Therefore, no action on your part is necessary if you are currently enrolled in NYSHIP coverage, as the attached notice serves specifically as a notice requirement.
- SUNY Discount Programs & Delhi Discounts (pdf)
- Campus Policies: internal
- Professional Development Grants