SUNY Delhi is Military and Veteran Friendly. We are committed to helping you make a successful transition from a military lifestyle to an academic lifestyle. Whether you are currently serving in the Military, a Veteran, Dependent, member of the Reserves or National Guard, your service to this country is greatly appreciated. The Department of Veteran Affairs is constantly looking for ways to enhance our services to student veterans so that we might be able to provide a better service to you.
In addition to our Campus Services for Veterans, there are also many more benefits to attending SUNY Delhi as a Veteran:
- Parking Fee Waiver - Student Veterans just need to show their DD-214 to our University Police during registration and do not have to pay the campus parking fee.
- Child Care - SUNY Delhi Campus Child Care Center offers a modified rate for enrolled students. The rates are determined by income (sliding scale).
- Student Accounts Bill Deferment - We understand that student veteran educational benefits sometimes can take a significant amount of time to be processed and paid to veterans. Student Veterans who have confirmed educational benefits may have SUNY Delhi bills differed pending the receipt of educational benefits from the VA. Those deferments would be made for any cost that has confirmation of coverage by VA benefits. This can only be done for SUNY Delhi costs. Off campus housing is not covered under this program. SUNY Delhi will certify all mandatory fees for students and will provide 0% interest loans for textbooks and supplies. Typically this is done to supplement a student veteran's costs as they wait for their educational benefits to be paid.
- SUNY Delhi Participates in the Veterans Tutorial Assistance Program. Click here for more information.
- Military Credit Evaluation - SUNY Delhi will evaluate your military transcripts (AARTS,SMARTS, ACE etc) and provide as much transfer credit as possible in accordance with your program of study and university policies.
- VA Work Study - SUNY Delhi is an approved Work Study site for the Department of Veteran Affairs. Click here for more information and application.
Coordinator of Veteran Affairs
Fax: (607) 746-4104
233 Bush Hall
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, New York 13753