Associate in Applied Science Degree
Earn your associate in applied science degree in nursing; RNs are in great demand so you will find many opportunities offering flexible work schedules with excellent salaries.
Delhi's Associate Degree Nursing program is designed to prepare graduates as registered nurses. In this two-year program, students learn to take personal responsibility for their patients and to make decisions with regard to the physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional needs of each patient. Direct, holistic patient care is emphasized.
Clinical rotations are scheduled at primary, secondary and tertiary health care settings. The mental health component of the program gives students exposure in both acute care and community treatment programs. Graduates earn an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Nursing and are eligible to take the NCLEX examination for Registered Nurses.
Competencies and Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the Nursing program, graduates will demonstrate the following:
- Patient-centered care: Recognize the patient or designee as the source of control and full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
- Evidenced-based practice: Integrate best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient/family preferences and values for delivery of optimal health care.
- Quality improvement: Use data to monitor the outcomes of care processes and use improvement methods to design and test changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care systems.
- Safety: Minimizes risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
- Informatics: Use information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making.
Cronenwett, L. et. al. (2007). Quality and safety education for nurses. Retrieved from QSEN website: http://www.qsen.org/ksas_prelicensure.php
- Graduates will meet or exceed the national and state pass rate on the NCLEX-RN licensing examination.
- 90% of graduates will express satisfaction with the nursing program.
- 90% of graduates will be employed as a registered nurse within six months of graduation or will be enrolled in a baccalaureate program.
- 90% of employers will express satisfaction with graduate's performance.
Employment opportunities for registered nurses are available in acute care facilities, in industrial settings and geriatric centers, and with public and private health care agencies.
SUNY Delhi's Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). ACEN is located at: 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326; telephone: 1-404-975-5000.
For information on how to apply to SUNY Delhi.
HS Average: 80
Algebra Regents: 80
Biology Regents: 80
English Regents: 80
Transfer GPA: 3.0
SUNY Curriculum Code: 0622