Interested in managing athletic fields, golf courses or resorts? Learn the theory and practice of proper turf management on our golf course, athletic fields and 480-acre campus. Continue your hands-on learning through summer internships at prestigious properties across the nation. Graduates may start their career or continue their education toward a bachelors degree in Golf and Sports Turf Management or the concentration in Athletic and Sports Field Management.
- High School Average: 70
- Algebra Regents: 70
- Science Regents (recommended): 70
- Transfer: 2.0
- Athletic Field Facility Manager
- Sports Facility Manager
- Athletic Facility and Sports field Construction
- Turf Industry Sales/Technical Representative
- Residential/Commercial Lawn & Landscape Manager
Currently, SUNY Delhi graduates have nearly 100% placement rate and are working at some of the country’s most prestigious properties around the world.
See a Day at the Office of a Superintendent >
What do alumni say?
- Eric Newell, Assistant Superintendent, Bethpage State Park, Bethpage, NY: "I loved all the personal time that I got with the instructors and all of the hands-on training. Delhi is not a cookie-cutter school looking for numbers. You can tell that they really care for you."
- Aaron Crouse, Assistant Superintendent, The Woodmere Club, Woodmere, NY: "Attending Delhi provided me with an in-depth hands-on experience in all facets of my profession. I will always credit Delhi for my success and for triggering a prideful attitude towards my work."
- James Hayes, First Assistant Superintendent, Oak Hill Country Club, Rochester, NY: "If it were not for the faculty and staff of the turf program at SUNY Delhi, I would not be where I am today. Ultimately, they supplied me with a stable platform from which my career could be launched."
What will I study?
Our curriculum is intended to give students extensive hands-on experience in the classroom, laboratory, as well as working on our 18-hole golf course or numerous athletic fields. Additionally, students gain credits and invaluable paid working experience during summer internships at facilities across the country. The scheduling of classes within the Golf and Sports Turf Management (AAS) program is designed so that those students interested in pursuing the Bachelors degree in Golf and Sports Turf Management can do so without loss of credit or time.
Why Golf and Sports Turf Management at SUNY Delhi?
- Hands-on experience in real-life environments with state-of-the art equipment
- Excellent facilities such as the Turf Education Center, College Golf Course at Delhi, greenhouses, landscape design studio, computer labs with the latest software, display gardens with a wide variety of plant life, 280 acre natural arboretum, and a tree and shrub nursery
- Paid internships that are credit-bearing degree requirements are completed during the summer at sites across the country such as golf courses, athletics field complexes, landscaping and irrigation companies. Most internships also provide housing, meals, and uniforms. The internship component is a priceless way to gain on-the-job experience and many times leads directly into employment.
- Numerous scholarships are awarded to Delhi turf students each year.
- Nearly 100% job placement with a seamless transition to employment
- Turf Club - A Student Chapter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America. Serves as official organization for students interested in golf course management and provides them with information about career directions.
- Horticulture Club - Promotes the development and advancement of Landscape Contracting and Golf and Sports Turf Management fields