Monthly Engagement Opportunities
The Delhi Differences Series pilot will be offered during the Spring Semester for participants who wish to enhance their knowledge of Diversity issues. Participants will meet six times during the semester having the opportunity to explore key topics in a variety of ways. Participants that attend all six sessions will receive a certificate and badge of completion. This series will be recognized for promotion and advancement at SUNY Delhi. Sign up today on Bronco Connect.
* This series will start with coffee/tea and donuts at 7:45 a.m., Session at 8 to 8:50 a.m., Q&A 8:50 to 9 a.m.
Delhi Diversity Series Dates
- February 14, 8 to 9 a.m., Diversity Dialogue with Michele DeFreece & Claire Hawthorne
- February 21, 8 to 9 a.m., Marginalized Groups with Gabriella Vasta
- March 7, 8 to 9 a.m., Implicit Bias & Micro Aggression with Dawn Sohns & Katie Murphy
- March 21, 8 to 9 a.m., LGBTQ+ Community with Lori Ciafardoni & Nick Wagner
- April 4, 8 to 9 a.m., Religion & Spiritual Life with Dawn Sohns, Michele DeFreece & Local Clergy & Ministry guests
- April 18, 8 to 9 a.m., Celebration and Capstone Project Send-off with the Diversity Series Committee
Zip Grade Workshop
February 18, 12:30 to 1 p.m. Sanford 117
This new Personal Development Series will feature activities and workshops focused on self-care and skill development with topics like food, nutrition, fitness, mental health, and Life 101. Look for activities hosted by your own peers around campus for better working and living at SUNY Delhi this semester!
The Mind Body Connection
February 21, Noon to 1 p.m., Bush 131
During this session, techniques to help with managing stress/anxiety and how physical symptoms/illness can result from stress will be covered. Some activities such as "conscious breathing" and talk about healthy habits will be incorporated. Led by Mary Wake & Karen Gabriel.
Open Hall: Building Campus Connections
Campus connections are key to better teaching, learning, and working. Staff and student
retention rely on relationships and a sense of place. Come see where your peers work
and all of the amazing resources we have at SUNY Delhi. Increase your Campus IQ and
maybe even find ways to collaborate on an upcoming project!
Join us for our next Open Hall in March ! Drop back in for more details on the next Open Hall of the semester. Free resources, refreshments, giveaways, and door prizes will be happening again. Tour the facilities, meet the staff, and learn more about the this department.
March 15, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Okun Theatre
Led by Lori Ciafardoni & Nick Wagner
April 19, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Okun Theatre
Led by Steve McKeegan & Michael Cannistraci
March 7, 1 to 2 p.m., Bush 131 *RESCHEDULED From February 7
"It takes a village to retain a student." Come join the discussion with your peers. Hosted by The Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching and Learning and Provost Ligeikis. Refreshments available. Visit Bronco Connect for more details.
Sharing Teaching Ideas Reading Group
Join your peers for the upcoming meetings to discuss research on different educational issues. This group meets in the Alumni Hall Boardroom to discuss topics of interest. Research articles are posted on Vancko Hall on the Sharing Teaching Ideas Reading Group page. Refreshments are available. Come talk, listen, and learn!
Spring Semester Reading Group Dates
- March 9, 4 to 5 p.m. Topic TBD with Jenny Collins
April 20, 4 to 5 p.m. Flipped Learning with Terry Hamblin
Check Back. More to Come …Sign up for our events is now on Bronco Connect
- Follow-up to the Diet Analysis Tool
- Leadership Series
- The Buzz: Bronco Connect