PROCEDURES FOR USE OF MOTOR POOL VEHICLES
I. Procedures for Requesting a Motor Pool Vehicle for Travel
To request a vehicle please follow these four easy steps:
- Log in to the EMS program. A link can be found on the Staff and Faculty web page. You will use your login name and password that you use to log in to your computer (less the @delhi.edu).
- You will web request a vehicle through the EMS scheduling system. On that form, you will fill in the dates, times, supervisor's name, and the approved driver's name.
- When your web request is received, it will be sent to your supervisor for approval via email.
- Once Facilities receives approval from your supervisor, your request will be approved and processed, and a Vehicle Use Confirmation will be sent to the approved driver listed on the reservation. If there are multiple vehicles and drivers, each driver will receive a confirmation. You can view your web request status under the My Events button in EMS.
** The web request should be submitted at least one week prior to the date the
vehicle is requested.
** The Vehicle Use Confirmation Includes the Pick-up Check list and the Return Check list.
II. When you have received approval to use a motor pool vehicle:
- The approved driver will take the Vehicle Use Confirmation to Facilities to pick up the keys and credit cards. Pick-up times are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (no service on Holidays). ** If you need the vehicle earlier, request pick up the day before, for an early departure. Your Vehicle Use Confirmation must have the correct time on it.
- The approved driver will need to leave a “Use of Vehicle Roster” form at Facilities at the time the keys are picked up. This will be sent to University Police.
- Before beginning the trip, the driver should complete the “Pick-up Check List” on the Vehicle Use Confirmation. Any deficiencies should be noted and explained on the form. Emergency/Accident information packet is in the glove box for your use.
- When returning from the trip, the driver will refuel the vehicle at Wall Service fuel pumps before returning the vehicle to the motor pool lot. The driver should complete the “Return Check List” on the Vehicle Use Confirmation prior to returning keys, credit cards, and Vehicle Use Confirmation to the Facilities Office. After 3:30 p.m., place pouch in the blue key drop box at Facilities. Any deficiencies should be noted and explained on the form.
- Credit card receipts must be retained and submitted with your Travel Voucher to Accounts Payable.
Please note that vehicles are supplied with garbage bags. Drivers are expected to return vehicles in reasonably clean condition. Faculty and staff are encouraged to involve students in cleaning up after themselves.
Failure to follow procedures for use of motor pool vehicles or any intentional vehicle damage or damage resulting from misuse may result in charges to your department and/or revocation of your privilege to drive college-owned vehicles.