Business and Professional Golf Management
Ace your career in the golf industry with a degree from SUNY Delhi, New York’s golf college.
Learn the game & business of golf at the only Professional Golf Management program in New York. Our program gives a foundation in business with golf-specific courses that prepare students for PGA apprenticeships and certification for successful careers in golf course operations, teaching, and management.
This program is ideal for the student who loves the game of golf and wants to combine that passion with a business degree. Courses cover subjects like instruction and player development, golf rules, course design, retail operations, equipment management & club fitting, and guest services.
- All faculty are PGA professionals with decades of experience at courses all over the country.
- SUNY Delhi is home to one of the premier college-owned 18-hole golf courses in the country.
- Facilities include a 25 station outdoor driving range, 34,000 square foot practice green, indoor swing analysis lab, and state-of-the-art TopTracer Golf Simulator.
- Students gain experience teaching by hosting youth golf clinics throughout the year.
- Learn about golf business and retail operations at the college golf course and fully equipped pro shop.
- Build unique marketable skills in our club design & repair lab.
- Students graduate prepared with hands-on experience from classes and labs held in the field, and internships.
TEEING OFF IN BIG SKY
Flipping through the pictures on his phone in August 2018, Cade Stevens '20, still couldn't get over how awesome his summer interning in the Rocky Mountains had been.Read More about Teeing off in Big Sky
The Delhi Advantage
- 100% job placement for graduates who enter the golf industry.
- Students complete four paid internships at a variety of courses to ensure they graduate prepared. Three internships are completed over the summers and often include lodging. The fourth internship is a 6-month placement which includes work in all facets of golf management.
- According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in the golf industry are expected to grow at least 13% (above national average) in the next 8 years.
SUNY Delhi has the only program with such a strong hands-on component to their curriculum. You can take a student from the lab and give them lumber, and they’ll know what to do with it. Those real-world skills on top of the book knowledge is a huge advantage going into the workforce. I recommend Delhi to anyone who asks.”Jeff Rainforth ‘95 Vice President & Co-founder, Phelps Construction Group
What Can You Do with This Degree?
- Golf Club Professional/Teaching Professional
- Pro Shop/Retail Manager
- Equipment Specialist
- Industry Sales Representative
- Tournament Director
- Golf Facility General Manager
- Golf Association Manager
- Golf Coach or Rules Official
- David Kubiak ‘10, PGA, Director of Golf – Rich Harvest Farms, Sugar Grove, IL
- Caleb Blass ‘12, PGA, Tournament Director – The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, CO
- Zach Maslyn ‘10, PGA, Head Golf Professional - Skaneateles Country Club, Skaneateles, NY
- Dan Sciarrino ‘14, PGA, Director of Instruction – The Golf Academy of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- PGM Alumni Testimonials | PGM Careers