Nursing: Online RN to BSN Program
The U.S. is experiencing a nationwide crisis in its number of qualified nurses and other healthcare professionals. The Health Resources and Services Administration projects that New York State alone will experience a shortage of 800,000 RNs by the year 2018. A lack of nurses with baccalaureate degrees has repercussions for nearly every segment of society, particularly in rural areas, where healthcare choices are limited.
SUNY Delhi's Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree provides New York State with qualified Nursing graduates who are eligible for expanded job opportunities including advanced practice, management, and teaching, and who are also able to pursue advanced degrees and faculty appointments at institutions of higher education. In combination with SUNY Delhi’s longstanding relationships with regional healthcare leaders, this program contributes significantly to economic development within the region and beyond, providing the healthcare industry with the educated professionals it demands.
The Instructional Program
The RN-to-BSN program at SUNY Delhi provides educational mobility for registered nurses who seek a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The RN-to-BSN curriculum is designed with the working registered nurse in mind and offers versatility and flexibility as the program is 100% online. Precepted practicum experiences for select courses are completed in the student's community.
The objectives of the program emphasize critical thinking necessary for the management of clients within a constantly changing healthcare environment. A total of 120 credits is required to earn a BSN at SUNY Delhi; however, the length of the program varies depending on the number of appropriate courses transferred from previous lower- and upper-division college coursework. Opportunities for full- and part-time study are available to allow students to proceed at their own pace.
Highlights of the program include:
SUNY Curriculum Code: 2021
To develop professional nursing leaders who will integrate healthcare expertise with civic responsibility; and to enable graduates to contribute significantly toward the employment demands in the healthcare community and in nursing education.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the SUNY Delhi RN-to-BSN program will:
1. Synthesize knowledge from the biological, social, and behavioral sciences, as well as humanities and nursing to provide culturally competent care to individuals, families, and communities.
2. Critically apply research findings to nursing practice related to disease prevention, health promotion, illness, and restoration of health.
3. Collaborate with community-based partners to promote health in diverse client populations.
4. Effectively communicate with clients, diverse patient groups, and healthcare disciplines and adapt communication methods to meet the healthcare, educational, and counseling needs of diverse client groups across a multiplicity of settings.
5. Utilize data, evidence, and information from a wide range of resources to comprehensively and accurately provide nursing care to clients, families, and the public in a variety of settings.
6. Assume diverse leadership roles across the continuum of care to responsibly manage human, fiscal, and material resources.
7. Integrate professional role, values, and ethical, moral, and legal aspects of nursing into practice in a variety of structured and unstructured settings.
8. Be guided by nursing theory, incorporating knowledge of environmental, social, cultural, economic, political, technological, and global factors to develop plans to affect beneficial client outcomes.
Call us Toll-free:
Or write to us at:
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753
Or contact us online: