Mildred & Louis Resnick Library
Mildred & Louis Resnick Library
Library Hours (Summer 2021)
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday to Sunday: Closed
Closed for holidays: Monday, May 31 for Memorial Day and Monday, July 5 for Independence Day
- Please contact the library for an appointment if you need research assistance.
- At this time, the library is only open for current students, faculty, and staff. All patrons must abide by the current health and safety policies in place for Summer 2021 when visiting the Resnick Library.
- Library staff are available via chat, phone, email, and Zoom consultation to assist patrons virtually during open hours.
- Patrons may request physical circulating items for pick up. Directions can be viewed in this instructional video.
- Ask Us 24/7 is available for reference when Resnick staff are not available online.
To learn more about the library's project, Leaving Our Fingerprints, to collect a people's history of COVID-19 visit the guide here!
See what's new in the Resnick Library collection here!
Check out the library's Stress Less @Resnick Guide for ideas on ways to relax during those study breaks!
Resnick Library: Summary of Summer 2021 Operations
As of 5/14/2021
- Books/Movies: Items in the circulating collection may be checked out for normal lending periods. Reserve items may be checked out for use in the library, if no other alternative is available. Patrons may request circulating items through MILO for pick up at the library. Please view this video for instructions on using this service.
- Book/Movie Returns: All items must be returned using the book drop (located outside the main door of the library).
- Print Serials: Print serials (newspapers and magazines) that are normally available on the second floor will now be located behind the circulation desk. Please ask for the title you wish to check out.
- Common Areas: The common areas of the library, including seating and computer work stations, will be open when the library is open with reduced capacity. Students are asked to sign in at the entry way with their student ID number and last name. Signage, floor markers, stanchions and other equipment will be utilized to manage traffic flow and density within the library. Hand sanitizer stations, sanitizing wipes, sneeze guards, and other equipment will be used to support clean and safe spaces. Masks are required to be worn at all times while in the library. Seating is limited to two persons per table, and physical distancing must be maintained.
- Food/Drink: There is no food allowed in the library at this time. You may bring in a beverage; however, it must have a lid or closed top.
- Course Reserves: Scanning of limited portions of print materials that are currently owned by the library will be available upon request. Librarians will work with instructors to identify alternate online resources to support their teaching whenever possible. Print reserves are still available.
- Instruction: Library instruction remains available, but will be provided in a virtual-only format. To request, please complete this form: Library Instruction Request Form
- Study Rooms: Study rooms are available on a limited basis by appointment only to small groups. All rooms will be locked, and access will be achieved via room key checkout from the library desk. If items from these specialized collections are needed, they can be requested from the library desk.
- Archives: Access to the archives will be by appointment only.
- Laptops and Other Equipment: Laptops will be available to be used in the library only. All other reserve equipment (headphones, phone chargers, scissors, whiteboards, etc.) will be off-loan for this academic year.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): ILL services have continued with electronic materials all year. Physical item loan/borrowing is available as well, however, increased turnaround times are likely due to quarantine periods, limited on-site staffing, and reduced delivery schedules.
- Reference Services: Library reference and research support services are available via online chat on the library's web page, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by appointment for Zoom consultations (you can make an appointment by emailing the library email or one of the librarian's directly).
- Please see the library’s Resource Guide for Emergency Online Instruction for a variety of helpful resources.
- Stress Less @Resnick Library! Check out our virtual program guide, as well as resources to keep you healthy.
- For assistance, please email the library at email@example.com or call 607-746-4635.
Library Quick Links