Mildred & Louis Resnick Library
Mildred & Louis Resnick Library
All library services are being offered remotely at this time.
The Library is closed Monday, January 18, for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
The Library building is closed to patrons through February 15, 2021.
- Book return is available outside the main library doors to return items.
- Library staff are available via chat, phone, email, and Zoom consultation to assist patrons.
Resnick Library Chat will be available:
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Ask Us 24/7 is available for reference when staff are not available online.
Check out the library's Stress Less @Resnick Guide for ideas on ways to relax during those study breaks!
Resnick Library: Summary of Fall 2020 Operations
As of 11/20/2020
- Books/Movies: The library building is closed through February, when in-person classes once again begin. Items that are currently checked out will have their due dates extended to February 15, 2021 (the first day of in-person classes for the spring semester).
- Book/Movie Returns: All items must be returned using the book drop (located outside the main door of the library). All returned items will be placed in a mandatory 96-hour quarantine before re-entering circulation.
- Print Serials: Print serials (newspapers and magazines) that are normally available on the second floor will now be located behind the circulation desk. Please ask for the title you wish to check out.
- Common Areas: The common areas of the library, including seating and computer work stations, will be open when the building reopens, with reduced capacity. Signage, floor markers, stanchions and other equipment will be utilized to manage traffic flow and density within the library. Hand sanitizer stations, sanitizing wipes, sneeze guards, and other equipment will be used to support clean and safe spaces. Masks are required to be worn at all times while in the library. Seating is limited to two persons per table, and physical distancing must be maintained.
- Food/Drink: There is no food allowed in the library this semester. You may bring in a beverage; however, it must have a lid or closed top.
- Course Reserves: Scanning of limited portions of print materials that are currently owned by the library will be available upon request. Librarians will work with instructors to identify alternate online resources to support their teaching whenever possible. Print reserves will be available on a limited availability for the spring semester.
- Instruction: Library instruction remains available, but will be provided in a virtual-only format. To request, please complete this form: Library Instruction Request Form
- Study Rooms: Study rooms are available on a limited basis by appointment only to small groups. All rooms will be locked, and access will be achieved via room key checkout from the library desk. If items from these specialized collections are needed, they can be requested from the library desk.
- Archives: Access to the archives will be by appointment only.
- Laptops and Other Equipment: Laptops will be checked out for semester long periods by request. All other reserve equipment (headphones, phone chargers, scissors, whiteboards, etc.) will be off-loan for this academic year.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): ILL services have continued with electronic materials all semester. Physical item loan/borrowing will resume at the start of the spring semester; however, increased turnaround times are likely due to quarantine periods, limited on-site staffing, and reduced delivery schedules.
- Reference Services: Library reference and research support services are available via online chat on the library's web page, via email at email@example.com , or by appointment for Zoom consultations (you can make an appointment by emailing the library email or one of the librarian's directly).
- Please see the library’s Resource Guide for Emergency Online Instruction for a variety of resources.
- Stress Less @Resnick Library! Check out our virtual program guide, as well as resources to keep you healthy.
- For assistance, please email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-746-4635.
Library Quick Links