The following technical standards describe the non-academic qualifications required for entrance to, continuation in, and graduation with an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Construction Technology or a Bachelor of Technology degree in Construction Management from SUNY College of Technology at Delhi. Candidates must be able to meet these minimum standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, for successful completion of certificate/degree requirements.
General: Apply proper principles and techniques to commercial heavy construction projects.
• Understand textbooks, handouts, and safety procedures.
• Understand/interpret blueprints and construction plans.
• Interpret symbols, legends, and other information on construction drawings and/or computer generated drawings.
• Extract information from a set of construction drawings and/or computer generated drawings.
• Do mathematical calculations.
• Take accurate measurements and do conversions.
• Estimate the amount of materials and labor needed for a project.
• Visualize two and three-dimensional objects.
General: Assess the quality of heavy construction work.
• Determine readings on devices such as tape measures, framing and adjustable squares, and builders’ levels and transits.
• Select proper tools and materials for specific purposes.
• Use sensory cues to do proper constructing, installing, and finishing work.
• Judge distance and spatial relationships of objects.
General: Possess sufficient physical strength, stamina, flexibility, and dexterity to perform various construction work.
• Operate necessary tools and equipment properly.
• Do physical labor for prolonged periods.
• Work at varying heights.
• Lift and transport equipment and materials as necessary.
General: Communicate to gather and convey information.
• Speak, write, and understand English.
* Obtain necessary information from oral and written sources.
• Express information coherently.
• Document work accurately.
General: Behave appropriately and safely in a shared-learning environment.
• Work independently with periodic supervision.
• Work cooperatively with partners and groups.
• Follow through with individual and shared responsibilities.
• Exercise good judgment.
• Follow approved safety procedures.
General: Function safely in a construction environment.
Work for prolonged periods amidst:
• Extreme noise
• Sharp tools and materials
• Electrical equipment
• Chemicals and toxins
• Dust, heat, and fumes
• Machinery with moving parts
• Moving objects and vehicles
• Slippery or uneven surfaces
• Variations in lighting
• Extreme outdoor temperatures
Call us Toll-free:
Or write to us at:
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753