Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the RN program, graduates will demonstrate the following:
- Patient-centered care: Recognize the patient or designee as the source of control and full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
- Evidence-based practice: Integrate best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient/family preferences and values for delivery of optimal health care.
- Quality improvement: Use data to monitor the outcomes of care processes and use improvement methods to design and test changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care systems.
- Safety: Minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
- Informatics: Use information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making.
Cronenwett, L. et. al. (2007). Quality and safety education for nurses. Retrieved from QSEN website: http://www.qsen.org/
|Expected Level of Achievement||Student Achievement Outcome Data|
|Graduates will meet or exceed the national and state pass rate on the NCLEX-RN licensing examination.||2017 pass rate: 89% (associate and dual degree), NYS 84.53%,
|90% of graduates will express
satisfaction with the nursing program.
|2017: 93% of graduates indicate they
have met program student learning outcomes
|Graduation rate will meet or exceed 50%.||2017 graduation rate: 50%|
|Retention rate will meet or exceed 50%.||2016-2017 retention rate: 63%|
|90% of graduates will be employed as a registered nurse within six months of graduation or will be enrolled in a baccalaureate program.||2016 graduates: 93% of graduates are employed|
|90% of employers will express satisfaction with graduate's performance.||2016 graduates: 100% of employers are
satisfied with graduate's performance