Financial Aid Missing Information
Financial Aid Missing Information
Missing Information Notice
About 30% of all FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) filers are selected by the federal government for a process called verification. Students who are selected for verification must submit to SUNY Delhi copies of the information they used to file the FAFSA. This includes documentation of filing an income tax return, certain other financial documents, and a verification worksheet used to verify household size and number in college.
In addition, some students need to provide other documentation before we can determine their eligibility for financial aid.
IMPORTANT: Copies of federal income tax returns for the parent and student are not acceptable documentation of filing an income tax return. At least two weeks after filing electronically, or six weeks after filing by paper, students selected for verification must do either Option 1 or Option 2:
Option 1. Use the "Link to IRS tool" that is part of filing the FAFSA. Go to www.fafsa.gov. Log in. Verify that you are in the correct aid year (ex: 2017-2018).
Click on the "Make FAFSA Corrections" link.
- Sign in using your FSA ID.
- Click on "Making corrections to a processed FAFSA"
- Read the information and click "Next"
- Review the information on each page for accuracy, and then click "Next"
- When you get to the "Student Financial Information" page, look for a text box that
- "You may be able to use the Link to IRS tool if you filed your taxes. Change your answer to the first question on this page if you filed a tax return."
- Click on the highlighted "LINK TO IRS." Read the information and click "OK"
- Complete the requested information and click "Submit"
- Dependent students - Go to "Parent Financial Information" page and repeat steps 6 - 8
If your tax information is not yet available or you are not eligible to use the "Link to IRS" tool you MUST order a free tax transcript from the IRS.
Option 2. Order a free Tax Return Transcript from the IRS:
- You can order a tax return transcript online (this is FREE)
- Fill out the required information (don't leave blanks) and click "Continue"
- Select "Return Transcript" from the "Type of Transcript" drop down box
- Select "2015" from the "Tax Year" drop down box.
- Click on "Continue" - the transcript will be mailed to the address on your return
- If you want it mailed to a different address, you must mail the request using form 4506T-EZ (pdf). You can type the information into the form, print it, and then mail to the IRS.
It is VERY important to submit all requested information. Your estimated financial aid awards are not valid until all requested paperwork is received and processed by the Financial Aid Office.
Accessing Your Missing Information Notice
- Log in to Bronco Web
- Type in your Delhi ID or Social Security Number and six digit PIN (you received your PIN in your acceptance letter)
- Select "Financial Aid"
- Select "Eligibility" for an overview of your unsatisfied requirement
- Choose the correct aid year and submit
- Unsatisfied requirements (missing information) will be listed. If there is a form available for download, there will be a link available to click on.
- Clicking on Requirement Messages will give you further details.
If you have problems, our staff is here to assist you. Simply call the SUNY Delhi Financial Aid Office at 607-746-4570, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.