Those chosen for Leadership Delaware must demonstrate a high level of leadership in their respective careers and a deep commitment to community service. We seek participants from a variety of backgrounds, and encourage all who are interested to apply. Our preference is for residents who live and work in Delaware County. However, persons living in Delaware County, but working outside the county, are welcome to apply. All applicants must be sponsored by a business or community leader and provide three additional references.
The criteria used for selection are:
- A sincere commitment, motivation and interest in serving the community;
- Demonstrated commitment by previous community service, and/or a newfound desire to become actively involved in community activities (e.g., boards, commissions or key volunteer leadership roles);
- Interest in public service, learning more about public policy, and how public policy issues can be address;
- Potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization from which they may play a significant role in the community; and
- An occupational commitment to remain in the Delaware County region.